Thursday, June 02, 2005

How Great is the Land of the Yellow Stone?

Let me tell you...it is freakin' awesome!!!! I just got back from 5 days in the mysterious land of Wyoming! It all started in 1912 when my grandfather Harold Jones was born. He loved Yellowstone! He visited the park often! I grew up with stories of Greasy Bear's adventures in Yellowstone! So to keep the tradition alive my siblings and I (and Karla) drove many many miles to see the wonders of the park!

We were pleased to see all kinds of animal life! I even saw two black bear cubs! We saw a couple of grizzly bears as well! The only life form we did not see was a moose :( Oh well-next year! I am pretty sure we all still have the sulfur smell (natural and brother made) burned into our noses-I hope it will pass!

I had the best time with my family and Karla (who really is family)! I cannot wait to go again and stay in the BEST cabin in West Yellowstone-Faithful Street Inn. I have laughed until I cried so many times. I even won a game of Aggravation! I did not win any of the prizes we had for seeing the first elk, deer, buffalo etc. Oh well, maybe next year!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Good for you for taking a fun vacation! I've been to Yellowstone too, and it's pretty neat.

Unknown said...

I love yellowstone! You deserve a nice vacation! Rest while you can!! :) How are you! I miss ya! We should get together for a phantom party!! :)

Melissa said...

Thanks for inviting me! Just kidding, I have Gerard to keep me company. Sigh...