Monday, April 20, 2009

No Picture Weekend!

I had a great weekend. I did not have my camera with me at all. I was frustrated that I kept forgetting it. So here is the rundown without pics. I will make it short and sweet....Friday I took care of getting Dan's Durango drivers window replaced and tinted from 2 different shops clear across town from each other. Last weekend the car was broken into... :( Then we had pancakes for dinner. Not just normal pancakes Aebelskivers! Also known as Danish pancakes or ball pancakes. Dan bought me the pan while we were ammo hunting. I am so lucky! There is a long story with the pan and I will tell you tomorrow. Saturday I woke up before the sun and went to the first temple session. It was good. I cut my finger in the dressing room and got spots of blood all over my whites--I did not even know I had cut my finger. But it ended good. Then I got home woke Dan up and made him take me to Ihop. Then we went to NW Portland to the outskirts to the 'country'. It was beautiful. Spring is amazing here. Dan took me over some really big and cool bridges! I loved it.

Then we went to the gun show. It was a lot of fun. People are crazy for guns and ammo right now. There is not a single store in Portland that has ammo. We did find it at an independent dealer (not a chain) and it was so expensive. The man in front of us popped $800 on 2 cases of ammo 1 case of 9mm and 1 of 45. That came out to be like $18 a box. That is so high! I had called my father on Friday and talked to him for the first time since Oct 31, 2008. I wanted to cry but held it together and talked ammo and hung up. Apparently there are shortages everywhere. With the recession hurting everyone and the ammo companies 1.5 million dollars BEHIND in orders it makes me wonder about people and if there isnt a bit of hysteria going on? What's the deal. Are you afraid of the future? Do you need ammo to feel secure? I do to some extent and thanks to my father I have tons of ammo for all my guns. Dan is a bit jealous of that.

So after the gun show Dan and I ate lunch out in our back yard. Then he started in on his homework. I read for a bit then could not resist the wonderful weather and went outside to do some yard work. Dan joined me shortly and together we whipped our tiny yard into shape. It was so nice and kind of surreal to have a man help me with the yard work. I really liked it!

Sunday after church and a nap Dan took me to the Saturday Market...I know on Sun??? But it was fun. I wanted to buy stuff and get a henna tattoo but resisted because it was Sunday. Dan did get a tat. He is too funny. We then walked along the waterfront....curses for not remembering the camera AGAIN! It was so wonderful to be outside with my love and just watching people and nature. Then we came home and started making dinner and I turned around and Dan was doing the dishes! I was so shocked! He is really trying to be better after I talked to him and explained it was not fair I did all the cooking and cleaning, especially since I am picking up an extra shift at Albertsons on Saturdays for 'us'. It was really nice and I loved every minute of my non picture weekend!

8 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

I would love to get a henna tattoo! And don't feel bad about fogetting the camera. I always forget it and then I miss those perfect "kodak moments"!

The Obergs said...

Mary Ann, what a fantastic weekend you had. By the way, I love Aebelskivers! I'm so glad to hear that you know about these tasty little treats and that you have a pan and can make them now!

P.S. I'm so impressed that you went to the temple by yourself. I'm always a little nervous to go by myself.

Ruth said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. They were talking about the ammo shortage on the news the other night. We do not have any guns or ammo and I am not worried about the future. Probably because I am always worried about the here and now. I am glad he is helping you more! You are awesome!

Maria said...

That's awesome that you had such a good weekend! I always keep my camera in my purse so I don't miss any prime picture opportunities. That's why my purses keep getting bigger and bigger. I always have my camera and a book with me.

60 Minutes did a piece on the ammo shortage. Everyone is freaking out and thinks Obama is going to ban assault weapons and take away our guns. I honestly don't know what to think about that.

I used to go to the temple by myself when I was first married and living in Ogden, but everytime I went it was closed (cleaning, holiday, etc.) I finally took the hint and gave up. ;)

cheeks said...

So...my bros are all going nuts about the ammo thing as well...they think that they need all they can store now because of Obama....as if they didn't keep Cabela's in business as it was already!

What a fun weekend, although i'm sad you forgot your camera too...because you know i love pictures!

Way to go Dan for doing the dishes and helping with the yardwork...and way to go YOU for attending the temple alone! What a great weekend!

Em said...

Hey, how long do those henna tattoos last? I really want one.

Lori England said...

1. What is a henna tattoo?
2. The ones who have prepared the way the prophets have told us are not part of the panic of ammo and gun shortages. It was like last fall there was a run on the food canarys because of the econmy.
3. Yea Dan! He is new(ish) to this marrige thing also so remember to tell him things so he can do better.
4. You and your travels make me so jelouse that I do not.
5. Love you!

Lori England said...

I am even more confused about the tattoo thing