Saturday, July 06, 2013

4Th of July

Thursday I was sitting on the front steps and watering our lawn. I was playing a little with Suzie-she was more interested in all the neighbors. Quite a few of the neighbors had family over and were playing, giggling, laughing and simply enjoying the rare wind free night. I noticed that in the past this kind of situation would have hurt my heart. I would have felt lonely and alone and sad I didnt have family around. This year an amazing thing happened. I was not sad. I was happy for my neighbors. I was happy Scott was able to work and provide for us-even though he was on graveyard shifts. I was happy that while I was alone I was not lonely. I have not felt that way for 20 years. I am so happy that I am finally able to have a family-even if it is just Scott and Suzie. Everyone is in a different place in life. I know for me I have been in a lonely place for many years. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and that He watched over me while I was alone. I hope that I can feel this way for a long time. I do not like feeling lonely. . . .
Anyway, that was my 4th. Home alone but not lonely.

3 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

Hi Mair! Good to 'see' a post from you :) How is your no internet going? I bet you are way more productive! Or at least get to read more books?? The internet is such a time suck. I'm so happy you don't feel lonely anymore. Happy 4th to your family!

Melissa Rees said...

This makes me happy! So glad you are in a good spot! And terry is still working graveyards, so I feel your pain! I also spent the 4th on my own. Keep me updated on heidi and the baby; she's kind of drrr on social networking :)

Jami said...

so happy you and scott found eachother!!!