Sunday, July 06, 2014

One of these things is not like the other.

Last weekend I had the honor of attending a sister week of a dear long time friend. This was 9th year of this great event. I have attended several of these gatherings in Indiana and Utah. So naturally when it was in Utah this year I arranged to attend. The sisters of this group are 5. Four are currently married. Three have children. 4 have jobs that they love. 5 find great strength in each other and love having a week with each other to recharge, renew and refresh.

All 5 of these women are wonderful, inspirational, hard working, smart, musically talented, creative, passionate, dreamers, caring and great citizens of the country. While they are such great women and I love each of them very much I have noticed a few things over the years. Only 1 sister seems content with her body size. 1 sister seems content with her life. She seems content with her relationship with her spouse. She loves being a mother even during the hard moments. She is a regular attending member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She honors her temple covenants. She seems happy-deep down happy.  Is this because of her choices? Is this a result of how she was raised? What makes her so different? Do the other sisters recognize this? How can I be like this 1 sister?

I enjoyed my time with the sisters and I hope to continue to be invited in the following years. I also hope I can live a better life and be a happier and better person. These are simply my observations and hopes for myself.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

First I am slacker in responding to your letter, for that I am sorry. I will get something in the mail in the next day or two. You are an incredible woman with a husband who loves you completely. Ponder this, my sister who does not go to church, is happily married, loves her job, just got a tatoo, is happy with her body, but at the end of the day is content with her life. I am striving each day to overcome the choices I have made, so I to can be content in my life. I have told you my only wish would be to not have chosen such a long road to get here with Adam. Life is not perfect, but being content is huge. I think you are amazing. I am grateful for each and everyday I get to be your friend.

Jami said...

I am not glad your blog is dead. however i agree with your choices, and totally understand your views! I have been trying to be better about when i am on my phone... how can i "limit screen time" for my children if i am staring at my phone all day? it's crazy to go out to a restaurant and see very few deep conversations going on. usually 90% of people are staring at their phones....it's almost robotic. they go through the motions of being at a public place with people they care about, yet don't take the time to interact. what a strange world we live in!

I rarely look at other peoples blogs anymore, but always check in on you when i do.... just like to hear how things are in your neck of the woods!

hope all is well in the basin :)