Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Where to begin....

I know I have been gone forever! I am not sure why I have stayed away so long. I could be due to the lack of cool things I have been doing or lack of time to spend at the computer or I am just lazy. My vote is for the later.

I hate to admit it but I have not placed blogging in my schedule. I am a lazy slacker:) All joking aside, I have been procrastinating writing because I just don't know where to begin. July was a great month. One of my Drs worked 5 days in July so I got a lot of time off. It was nice. I really liked having the break. It has made me love hygiene with a deeper fervor. I have had interesting patients with super fun walls of calculus! I love it when the ultrasonic tip hits it just right and you get the whole shelf to come off in one piece and you pull it out and show it to your patient....it grosses them out but a great teaching moment! Now I am wondering-how gross am I? Well besides work going well I have had some fun on my days off as well.

Candice Norris and I went to dinner and a movie the other day and it was great to sit and have 'nerd talk'! This dinner prepped me for getting together with my girls from hygiene school....Korbin, Natalie, Melissa-yes she was up from AZ, Heidi and Maria! We had promised to get together once a year and catch up. It was so nice to get together and hear about everyone's crazy drs and interesting patients and ethical dilemmas and how they set up their treatment plans for perio. I learned so much from these girls in school and the learning is still happening. I am so grateful for the weekend of nerd talk!!! Thanks ladies!

My friend Andrea and I went to Twelfth Night at the Utah Shakespearean Festival. It was amazing! I loved it! Once again I am in love with Cedar City in the summer. Tomorrow Candice and I are going to Lend Me a Tenor: A Musical. We both have heard so many good things about it and I am excited to go!!

Well I know y'all are leading such productive--Bre is on a crafting mania, and busy lives--Crystal can barely keep her feet on the ground:), and here I am just being lazy....as a new friend of mine put it....'I want to live the life of a cat'!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh...... the life of a cat...... :-D

Unknown said...

Oh, i have missed you and been wondering how you have been doing. I am glad you are still alive and loving life. Have you seen my last post. Pictures of a mouse. That goes to show how exciting my life is too!! :) Glad you are back and enjoying your summer!

BreAnna said...

Sounds wonderful!! I am so sad to be so far away and not be able to attend the annual "nerd fest" I would LOVE that, I will have to join the group in a 2 years. Would you have ever thought that hygiene would be something that would continue to fasinate you so long after graduation? I had no idea how involved you get. I think your summer sounds like summer should be, seeing plays with friends, dinner outing, talking and relaxing and enjoying the great weather, isn't that what we all really want to be doing anyway, just "being" sometimes. I agree. I vote for cat life!

cheeks said...

Welcome Back! Sometimes it's great to be enjoying life so much we don't think about blogging! But, we all miss you when you're away! I'm sure you had SOOO much fun with your hygiene crew! You guys were always so fun to be around! Tell them all hello!

The Obergs said...

Hahaha, Mary Ann, you are too funny! I have often thought about how great it would be to be my cat, he just gets to lay around all day but it's ok because nothing is expected of him, oh how would that be...probably boring. Anyway, it does sound like summer is treating you well. I was in St. George this past week and I thought of you both times I passed Cedar. I'm glad that to hear that you got together with your girls, I'd love to know what's going on with everyone. By the way, did any of your clan go to the hygiene reunion a few weeks ago?