Friday, November 06, 2009

Black Bear Diner


Last weekend I took myself to the Black Bear Diner. It was everything I wanted it to be. It was a rustic diner with Bear tracks on the sidewalk leading the way into a black bear wonderland.
Just in case you do not know...I love black bears. My grandfather used to tell me stories about a special black bear. His name was Greasy Bear. He had many adventures. Thanks to family and friends I have many black bear figurines.
Needless to say I love the black bear.
Black bears aside the food was like my beloved Market Grill in Cedar City, Utah. Except these were the best pancakes I have ever had at a diner. They were definitely not the typical 'mix' pancakes. They were so sweet and tasted of cream. Another thing about me...I love breakfast food. I love eating it for dinner. So any place that serves breakfast all day long is in my favorites list. Add to delicious pancakes is homemade sausage. I love fresh made sausage patties hand pressed --not frozen in some pre-formed perfect circle. Then to top it off they serve Pespi products....my favorite....It is a happy place. I am so glad I went there; even going solo was great. Oh did I mention their menu is in newspaper form. It was rustic and charming. I loved everything about this diner. I might have to go back this weekend.
Well, I made it to my first anniversary. It has been a journey for sure. Dan got me a great card and a box of candy with nuts (I hate nuts) I have given him crap about that all week. I think it is in his head forever now that I prefer not to eat nuts. As for what I got him...nothing. What does this say about us? I am not sure. All I know is this week I am so happy being married to him. I think he is exactly what I need.

6 comments:

cheeks said...

yummy! your breakfast-dinner sounds wonderful! i love finding great new restaurants! i'm sorry about the nuts in your chocolates! i'm sure it will never happen again!! congrats on making it through the first year of marriage!

Melissa Rees said...

Totally love the Black Bear Diner!! They had it in Phoenix. Tell me you tried the fresh squeezed oranje juice?! So amazingly good! And the machine is right there-you can watch it squeeze the juice right out!

Maria said...

I also love Black Bear Diner (see Melissa's post...) They have awesome french toast. I also hate nuts. I'm glad you had a good anniversary!

Em said...

Gerat news..my money came in, student loans are gone!!!! Maybe in some small part of my mind it was worth it, maybe.

Sorry about the weekend. We'll catch up another time.

Lori England said...

Breakfast foods are the only foods that have not tasted "weird" after I am done. This preg. is really messing with my taste buds! Remember that sister book you did for me? Maybe you can do something like that for Dan so that he can learn about the Utah Mair and the fact you like black bears and hate nuts.

Angie said...

I am so 100% happy about that diner! It truly is your personal heaven! My heart is so happy for your find! :-D