Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon Adventures

I participated in the New Moon craziness this early morning. It was a spontaneous adventure. As usual I went to work at 6 am on Thursday. I left work at 2:30 pm ( I love early Thurs). Dan works at 3:30 pm and so we got to spend a couple minutes together. He suggested going. I was hesitant. First the crowds turn me off. Second I have been awake since the wee hours of the morning (Dan slept in to past 11 am) and I know by midnight I will be exhausted. Well Dan was so excited at the possibility to go that I tucked in for a nap. After my nap I went to get tickets. The local Cinema 16 was showing New Moon in all 16 theaters at midnight so there were plenty of tickets available. As I arrive I turn right around there are so many women. The theater was having a special showing at 9:30 pm and there were thousands of females. So much screaming, screeching, giggling was going on that I did not even inquire about tickets.

Dan was sad. When he got home after 10 pm he wanted to go see if there were tickets left. We gt there and there is not a single available parking spot and there are 2 lines (one for each 'side' of the theater complex) Both lines extend around the building. It was intimidating. Well Dan works his magic and scores us tickets to theater 7. We were the only 2 to purchase tickets for that theater. We leave, go home, and go back shortly before midnight. We get there and the parking lot is empty due to the 9:30 showing ending and all those women leaving. So we got a great parking spot. Next the lines were moving to allow people into the building. Dan grabs me and we totally cut in line and no one noticed. There were just so many people and it looked like we had gotten snacks and gotten back in line. We go to theater 7 and not a single soul is in there. We ended up waiting about 45 minutes before the movie started because of all the people in lines that were not in their theater yet. The movie starts with 8 of us in the theater. Shortly 3 more girls come in, they exchanged their tickets because they waited 3 hours in the Left line and their theater was in the Right line so the only available seats were front row. They were amazed that theater 7 was so empty. It rocked.

Dan loved the movie. I found it alright. I am a Jacob lover and was pleased with that aspect of the movie. Good time was had by all who attended last night. I am glad I have a silly husband who encourages me to attend silly girl movies and allows me to enhance my estrogen that I often try to suppress.

7 comments:

cheeks said...

i love it! and i love that dan went with you!! i too was amongst all the screaming screeching girls at midnight...but i was husbandless! so cool that you were pretty much alone in the theater! i LOVE jacob too!

cheeks said...

ha ha....i agree....i'd take tan and buff anyday over that scrawny pale fella! :)

Ruth said...

Good for you going to the movie!!

Melissa Rees said...

I'm going tonight even though I haaaate the movies! Always to many people, especially at these Twilight movies. Terry is going with me too, which is a shock! What good hubbys we have

Maria said...

What a great time you had! I'm so not into the Twilight stuff, but that's so awesome that Dan worked his magic at the theater.

P.S. I'm so happy for Natalie!! I can't wait to come visit you two. Maybe in the spring? Tell her to start blogging if you see her!

vicki said...

I cannot BELIEVE that your husband went to see New Moon with you. It would be a cold day in hell before Duane did that. I have to say I thought the movie was a real snoozer and I thought Bella and Jacob had zero chemistry. I also thought this was my least favorite book because I spent the whole time reading it extremely upset that Edward left Bella so I am already looking forward to Eclipse. Glad you were able to get a date out of it!

Chelseys Blog said...

Crazy.. Are you a new mooner? ok... not how I wanted that to sound. I cannot bring myself to be a twilight fan. i wont read the books or watch the movies. But I am glad you went!