Thursday, July 07, 2011

My Week so Far

I spend some time at the waterfront in Portland during the 4th of July. many were out on the river enjoying the sun and warm weather and the BluesFest.

Me?? I enjoyed the sun and blues music AND Todd's company WITH a perfect waffle!
I shared a meal with Todd on the patio of the restaurant. We enjoyed food, music and conversation. It was a good albeit non traditional holiday celebration-I mean I didnt even get blueberries on the waffle to make it red-white-blue.

Saint Cupcake has moved from 10+ block walk from my office to a mere 1 block walk. Yikes! I love going to get a dot cupcake (3 bites) and enjoying the lovely treat. With their new location comes new bakery items. I had to try the Alder smoked flour chocolate chip cookies. So the cookie is regular choc chip cookie but made with smoked flour. hmmmm interesting. It smelled smokey and sweet and wonderful. I took a bit and died. WALNUTS! Ick. I tried to pick out the nuts but it overshadowed the flavor of the smoked flour. I think it was a good cookie. I sure enjoyed the concept but as for my enjoyment of it. . . .it was lacking. Add to that  I had started and really really really wanted that cookie. Sigh. Cravings. . . what can you do?

Yesterday I looked out my window and saw this truck. I laughed. Who names their company this?
I mean really? Can you hear it. . . 
Where do you work?
Penetrations
How do you like it?
Satisfying

8 comments:

Ruth said...

I rolled my eyes! The waffle looks yummy!

Chelseys Blog said...

LOL! Love the company names. Sounds like you had a relaxing 4th of July. So glad you made a great memory.

Lori England said...

How fun! I hope Todd is good. Love the truck!

The Obergs said...

hahahah, awesome! That and "moist" are the two most sexual words I can think of.

That cookie looks and sounds divine. I love walnuts, so perhaps I would have enjoyed it more than you. Happy 4th!

Maria said...

Ha, ha! Penetrations. That's awesome.

I want to know more about this Vernal guy! I seriously need to learn from you. I can't meet anyone and I'm too afraid to go online. I hope you're doing well :)

vicki said...

Wow! I had to catch up on your blog. You are better at keeping up posts than I am. The waffles and cookie look incredible and I would love to know what kind of business that was. Terrible name!

Melissa Rees said...

OMG I'm dying!! That is so funny! I totally hate walnuts too :)

cheeks said...

haha! totally laughing at the penetrations truck! What else kind of company could that be other than an adult type of store?! lol! I actually HATE that word....and "moist." makes me want to vomit even typing it!

on a better note...the waffle and cookie both make my mouth water! Glad your 4th was eventful! I love the CTR ring...who's this guy?!