Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekend in Vernal

This is Scott. Isn't he dreamy?
He is climbing into a big semi truck

I went riding along while Scott worked on Friday. He was unexpectedly required to work and I decided to keep my flight as planned.

I rode with Scott through the oil fields of Eastern Utah. The Vernal area is known for Dinosaur land and the oil fields. Scott is lucky enough to drive water truck for a trucking company. He arrives at the well site and hooks up and drains the water tank. The pumps pull up oil, gas and water from the ground. The water is picked up and driven to a deposit site where the water is treated before further disposal.

The pump up close

The wells are close together and labeled and mapped out. We drove around to 2 wells through dirt roads and hot dusty air. It was completely wonderful for me!

I miss Utah sunsets! They are so unique!

Look at the color flare! It thrills my heart to see the color and mountain silhouettes. 
Here is a true picture of Scott. 

I had a wonderful weekend; although our plans did not turn out as planned it was fun and calm and stress free. I had a wonderful time and hated to leave. I will be back!
Some stats on Scott--divorced, lives in own house-alone, is clean, surprised me with small acts of extreme thoughtfulness, melted my heart with his kiss, he catered to my every wish-even the ones I was not conscious of, he spoiled me and made me feel loved and valued.
I wonder if you all are thinking--here we go again. Another man and another crazy adventure with another crazy man. He might turn out to be crazy like the rest, until then I am enjoying this ride!
On Saturday I was able to enjoy Cafe Rio in Vernal with Heidi (Wilson) Buist!!!! It rocked being able to see my girl from hygiene school! She was such a tour guide and hostess. It was a great weekend.

6 comments:

Lori England said...

Yea Scott! I think if he makes you happy...enjoy the ride!

The Obergs said...

what the, what?!?! Mary Ann, I had no idea that there was ANOTHER guy in the picture. You are one hot commodity. It sounds like Scott is a keeper. I can't wait to hear more about him.

And I'm so glad you got together with Heidi.

Chelseys Blog said...

Im with Crystal. How did you meet Scott? I did not see him comin! Sounds like you had fun, of which I am so happy to hear. Miss you!

Maria said...

Yes, like Crystal said, another guy? I need to get my butt in gear. You're so awesome for putting yourself out there...but...(there's always a 'but', isn't there?) Be careful. You seem to have an amazing thing going on in Portland; don't give it all up for a guy. They are not the key to happiness. Maybe he'll be yummy frosting on your already delicious cake, but don't throw away the cake and then get sick from eating too much frosting. (Does that makes sense or just sound like a bad double entendre?)

I love you. You're amazing. Be careful.

cheeks said...

Sounds like an adventure!!! I'm glad you got to see Heidi...does she know Scott? Vernal isn't all that big is it?

Melissa Rees said...

Boo! I wish we all could have gotten together. I know it's a small quick trip for you though. Scott sounds wonderful! I love that he surprised you with a small act of kindness. Those are the best, aren't they? Hope it all goes well!!