Monday, August 15, 2011

The Rest of my Vacation

Welcome to Vernal!
Scott and I went searching for petroglyphs.

We found some up Dry Fork Canyon


I love the rock. The feel of it. The look of it. The smell of it.
I just love the rock.

I played in Vernal for quite a few days. It was a lot of fun even though Scott had to work quite a bit. 
Scott took me to my brother's house on Sunday. Scott and I and Jenni and Brent stayed up to the wee hours of 10:30 pm playing Hot Dice (Farkle) and Canasta. It was so much fun. 
1 month old Swayzie was asleep and down for 6 hours. We scuttled to bed like old folks. I promptly fell asleep and then fell out of bed. I am laughing even as I type this. How does someone fall out of bed? sheesh.
Then the lightening started and thunder and rain and wonderful storminess!
No one in the house remembers the storm. I laugh at Jenni for sleeping through this major storm and yet Swayz will wimper and bam she is up like a flash! Oh the power of MOM


This is Swayzie. I call her Swayz-arrito when she is swaddled tight. She is the cutest little nugget. 
I am so glad I was able to see my family. I am even more thankful that my family allowed me to spend extra time with Scott. I truly and thoroughly enjoyed my time!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

She is adorable! I hope to chat with you soon.

Chelseys Blog said...

Mair- Still wondering how you met Scott. I must have missed something. Is this serious? More deats about the meeting and such:) Glad you had fun!

The Obergs said...

hahaha, I LOVE that you fell out of bed, that's hilarious. That has happened to me since I was a kid. Gotta love the purple vernal dinosaur... classy!

The Obergs said...

*has= hasn't*

Melissa Rees said...

So I almost fell out of bed too. It was kinda scary but then I was laughing. Hope it is going well with Scott! We need you back in Utah!!

Lizi Bates said...

Vernal...the place where dreams come true :) haha but I'm ecstatic that you had a great trip and included the flamingo errr i mean dinosaur sign on your post :) And Swayzie is a doll!

Maria said...

Don't move to Vernal!! Lol, all I hear is bad stuff about it from Heidi. But if Scott is the one, then I guess that will be your home. I'm looking forward to seeing you next month!