Saturday, May 19, 2012

Awww Otter Pops!

This month has been one of the most expensive periods in my life. It started off with unexpected lawyer and court costs from an ex wife. Then I was driving down the road Monday planning on hitting the car wash to scrub the bug guts from our trip to St George when I heard a ping and crack and shatter. I didnt know what happened at first since I was driving next to road construction. A few seconds later I realized my sun roof had shattered. I did not get to wash my dirty car, instead I went to body shops looking for replacement glass. This glass while not big is made of diamonds because it is pretty expensive! Even the body shop guy was shocked. I ordered the glass and as of today it had not arrived in Vernal-so the rain is causing me to have a garbage bag over the top of my car-poor WT car! 
We took the old Ford Explorer in for inspection and it needed new ball joints on the front axle. As expected this was more than a few hundred dollar job! Our poor bank account. . . sigh. Add to that Scott is still only working a few hours. He is at 18 for this pay period. Sheesh. I temp on Thursday for the same dentist I have been temped previous. He is so bad about paying that his employees will be 1 week late with their pay; I dont expect to be paid from him for a few weeks. 
I responded to an ad in the newspaper asking for house cleaners for a property management company. I have called two times in 3 days and both times I had to leave a message. I guess I am not even good enough to clean apartments-what a self esteem killer. I am grateful for the blessings Scott and I have had. We have somehow had ways to take care of our responsibilities this month. We have to postpone carpet for several more months now and while that is sad it is doable!

I was sitting here crocheting and Suzie wanted to be up in my business. She kept biting my ball of yarn so I put it up and went and got an Otter Pop-or Flavor Ice-I cannot remember what I have. As I was enjoying the refreshing treat Suzie was giving me the look. I caved and let her try it. She loved it!

Look at the tongue! 
What a way to end the day! A nice cool Otter Pop!

2 comments:

cheeks said...

"oh son of a...." those were the words when i saw your sunroof :( what luck! so, was it road construction that caused it...i'd totally blame them! good luck temping....you will do great. you have amazing skills, sounds like the doc needs to get more on the ball though! does heidi have any connections for you? just keep recognizing your blessings like you have been, you guys will make it through! I hate unexpected costs...and car stuff is the most annoying for some reason! i had to buy 2 new tires on monday. blah!

Melissa Rees said...

Dang that sucks!! That's always how it happens though. Everything all at once! You will get through it! I had to clean offices and apartments too right before hygiene school, then I got let go after my mom died. That was definitely a low point!!