Wednesday, May 02, 2012

'Yes, I am brave' **

Since moving to Vernal I have tried to keep busy. I dont have a steady job yet. As a result I have been attending the Vernal Temple once a week. My Mother-in-Law has given me many names to do a variety of work for. It has been such a blessing to me. I am so blessed and honored to get to attend this tiny temple. 
The stripped tulip variety flower was the only one in the vast tulip/daffodil garden on the temple grounds. Her uniqueness struck home since sometimes I feel like such an outsider in many parts of my life. 

Today I got home from the temple and went on a walk with Suzie. I could hear thunder rolling in. We made it back before the rain started. I wondered if it would really rain or not. So I kept playing with Suzie outside. We were playing fetch with her root (explained later). All of the sudden the clouds released all the moisture they were holding. I love Utah for the sudden hard short bursts of rain. In the above picture I love that there is a spot of blue sky-the clouds were heading that way.  I enjoyed spending my afternoon with the door open and the smell of wet dirt.

I took the above picture the morning after we brought Suzie home. She was so tiny and sweet.

This picture was taken today. She has grown so much.

This is how tall she is. I measured her from floor to top of back-11 inches. See the root. Our front yard does not have grass only weeds. Scott and Suzie love digging up the roots of the weeds. This one is particularly large. Suzie has toted and gnawed and played with it for days. She loves to play fetch with the root. 
Scott installed a doggy door yesterday. Ever since then Suzie has not had an accident inside the house! She does keep bringing the root into the house. It is cracking me up. 
The doggy door has given her more independence. I love it. I cant wait to trust her.
Suzie is so intrigued with doing dishes. Today she decided to quit watching and climbed all in. The little stinker. 
Scott has been working graveyard shifts lately. I am ashamed to admit that I am more jumpy and spooked sleeping alone here on the outskirts of Vernal that I was in Portland with dope heads as neighbors. I need a large dose of  'Cowgirl Up'! 
**Quote from Sara the three horn in Land Before Time.

4 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

Oh the smell of rain in the desert! It ranks right up there with lilacs. That's awesome Vernal has a temple right there that you get to enjoy weekly.

Ruth said...

You are the bravest person I know!

Melissa Rees said...

terry works graveyards and I hate it! 2 years and I still jump at every sound. Now I am feeling bad that we gave up on our so quickly...

cheeks said...

mmm, that smell of wet dirt totally reminds me of utah summers and random rainstorms :) suzie is growing like a weed....pun intended....that root is huge!

hopefully suzie will be a good guard dog for you on the nights that scott is working. i'm sure you'll feel more comfortable as you are there longer. New places always make me jittery...you just aren't used to all the surroundings, noises & creaks, and people!