Thursday, October 25, 2012

When did summer end?

It seems like summer started winding down yesterday. The dawn is getting later and later. Suzie and I have gotten into a luxurious habit of going back to bed after getting Scott off to work at 5 am. It is fun to watch Suz. As soon as I shut the door and turn off the outside light she is sprinting to the bedroom and launching herself onto the bed. She knows exactly where I like to lay and she lays right in the crook of my knees or stomach. There is something comforting about a warm sleeping animal next to you . . . I did not do this as a child. My siblings did and I missed out! 
Suzie loves the lawn. She has gotten really bad about digging. It is getting worse. I am hoping for a quick deep freeze to harden the ground so maybe she wont dig all winter and grow out if it by spring-that is my secret plan anyway.

I love this picture. Our lawn and the east sky during the sunset. It is magical. Maybe it was the cut grass fumes!

A patch of dead grass that Suzie has dug up. There are several more larger examples of her persistence and dirt addiction. 


Scott was kindly taking me on a drive to White Rocks via Tridell when he saw this elk in a field far far away. My camera did it's best to capture the big bull dilly dallying in the field safe from the hunters. He was very close to Indian Reservation borderline which as you know makes him inaccessible to us white folk-which seems prejudice against me but whatever-Don't get started Mair.
Summer has been great. I survived the heat and dryness. I hope I ready for winter. 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You rock and so does Scott! :)