Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cave Woman!

Well friends, I have decided to become a cave woman. It sounds fun right? What does it entail? Well it means I do not have a computer or smart phone in my house. I do not have any way of getting my online fix at home. I go to the library about once a week. It has been pretty tough for me initially. I mean I did everything online/on computer-my recipes, my banking, my facebook, check movie times, shopping, my email, my blog (I am amazed at how easily I went back to writing in a journal--no pics but my feeling get out). Life is better without the internet. It is a little inconvenient at times and I miss the ease of looking up ward directories online and buying music but there are ways around it.

I am sad that the brand new Vernal library (opened in Aug 2012) has iPad's at the end of the isles for card catalog look up and has all sorts of new stuff, has new computers for public use and they do NOT have SD card slots!!! This became the twelfth reason I hate the Vernal library. I mean how am I supposed to upload pictures? UGH! I really am going to fit in with all the other cavemen in the area!

2 comments:

*Jo* said...

Our neighbors put a password on their internet:( so kinda in the same boat but at last i have my phone...but its different than a computer. And my ipod has cooler games than my phone. Well, i will probably see you before you check this but know i love you!

Jami said...

oh my heck, i have been checking your blog regularly and not seeing you on fb much. glad to hear you're alive :) you really need to figure out an upload for pics...but props to you for being sans internet. it probably soaks up more time than necessary in my day. The smart phones make it all so convenient. :( are you going to convention? hope to see ya there!