Monday, April 01, 2013

March March March

March 14 is such a wonderful day! It is pi day in my world! This means that we can eat pie and enjoy the treat we have avoided since New Years. Scott and I had the chance to head down to Delta to visit my parents and sister. Jo Ann and her husband John came over for dinner and brought PIE. After a great game of Canasta we are some pie! 
We have had Suzie as part of our family for a year. We picked her up last year on PI day. Well the other day Scott had left early and I went back to bed for a little. I woke up and took a shower. I came back in and saw this. . . 

Suzie had crawled up under the covers, laying on Scott's pillow and was trying to sleep when I so rudely turned the light on-yet she laid there while I ran to get the camera. She is too funny and quite indulged!

T-Rex was dressed up for Easter.  I want you to notice the small t-rex inside the basked. I am sure it is chocolate and tastes wonderful! I just dont know how I feel about T-Rex eating it ha ha ha. Oh well I am sure they ate their young. Anyway-It drives my Mother in Law crazy that her tax dollars  pay for someone to dress T-Rex up and change his diaper. I agree is it silly but our tax money goes to much worse things-like Medicaid for drug abusers so they can get free Lortab and other prescription drugs to get high or sell or drive under the influence and kill someone which then I am paying for that person's funeral and blah blah blah. Taxes simply stink and I enjoy the T-Rex.
I hope your Easter was great fun! Mine was wonderful on so many levels. I did not color eggs, or hide baskets, or eat copious amounts of candy. I did however get taken on a surprise drive to see a field of cranes and geese, taken to the movie The Host, make traditional Easter dinner for Scott and his mom and me, enjoyed my new sofa---yup we got a brand new reclining sofa and chair. I am so happy. I missed my family who was partying it up in Delta but what can I do? So I enjoyed my weekend with my sweet husband and his mother. It was lovely-our deviled eggs did not have any discoloration from egg dye!
This year Scott and I decided to assemble 72 hour kits for our Easter baskets this year. I want to announce-Mission accomplished! Our packs are full and only missing a few items-Suzie food and official copies of our legal documents. Not too bad for working together on that gift for each other. 

2 comments:

Jami said...

love the easter basket idea...way to be prepared! Suzie cracks me up! She has fit in quite well in your little family!!

Melissa Rees said...

Aww that little Suzy is adorable!! Did you get my message on Facebook? I got your letter and LOVED it! I really needed to hear that :) Love you and miss you!