Monday, May 15, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I recently moved from the hometown of Weber State University to the hometown of Southern Utah University. Once I passed Payson traffic lightened up considerably. There were about 6 vehicles within 2 miles of each other. It was heaven. I was approaching one of the many overpasses and noticed that two real cowboys were herding cattle over I-15 for summer grazing. The cowboy's were moseying on their horses. I smiled to myself and said 'yup, this is what I call home!' I love farm folk. There is no need to stress and rush through the day. Everything will get done sooner or later. Somethimes the slow pace can be agrivting if I do not remember the busy alternative.

Another thing I love is the smell of a hard honest days work (a mixture of alfalfa, cow, and tractor grease) is one of my favorites! Freshly cut alfalfa feilds are the best! I love the cool air moisture rich air that carries freshness throughout the field. Then about 15 sneezes later I remember why I do not indulge in the scent often.

So while country livin has it's ups and downs I am glad to be home even though I will miss a lot of people--thanks everyone for being there for me!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh,don't look back! You are doing great! There are lots of things in store for you! So, i am dying, fill me in on boards.......Keep in touch!! Take care!! :)

Sheryl said...

I am glad you are home and don't have to deal with all of this drama. I left you a post of what I thought about that crap that was said. No one should be talked to like that even if they are negative. Somedays are just bad, and you are great. I am proud of you and you will be great. Keep your head high, and don't let anyone make you feel like less of a person. You are who you are and be happy for that. Good luck in all that you do, thanks for being who you are.

Candice said...

Mary Ann,
Wow, there's been quite a to-do here! Guess what, look how many people came running in your defense! You are such an amazing person and whoever wrote that has no idea what an awesome, wonderful person you are. The whole junior class loves you to death (now seniors!!) :), and how is that possible that a whole class who is not even in your same classes can think that if it isn't true? That person doesn't understand that sometimes people need to vent. You can't just sit and be perfectly happy all the time or you really would go crazy. This is your space and you can say what you want!! You are one of the most positive people I know. You didn't let it show at school and you were always nice to all of us little juniors. You would totally to an outstanding job managing 16 people, why were you voted SADHA president if you couldn't? Anyways, you are so awesome and I hope that the anonymous person reads all of these comments you got from your peers who are with you every day and sees what a fool they've made of themselves by being a brat! I hope that boreds went well, let me know!

natalie jones said...

I totally agree with you about country living. It is the best. How is the job search going? Its going kind of good for me but I like having all these days off too. How is your roomie? Mary ann you are the greatest and after Jeremiahs I sat in my car and cried for like twenty minutes. I couldn't even drive. It was like something out of a movie. All of us talking in the parking lot and then going our own directions to our cars and then it was crazy because we all looked back at each other. I miss you guys!! But we will see each other again!! sorry to be a debby downer my next post will hopefully be more happy because maybe I will have a job!!

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

a little birdy told me that you were coming to visit me!!! i wish you would have kept my flat iron because pie never brought it! so i rented narnia and ive watched it twice! probably i will watch it before i take it back too! i also got charlie and the choc factory! i had to run to the store and bye a wonka bar! i also wore my big white glasses the whole movie! i LoVE it...kinda like how i LoVE you! ps you smell like old people and soap...i like it!

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

is it birdie?!?!