Thursday, May 11, 2006

Truth hurts

I read the anonymous comment left on my previous post the night before my WREB exam. I did not sleep all night. I was worrying about taking the exam and then my self esteem took a hit. I admit that I have had a negative attitude lately. I admit that my feelings have been hurt. I admit that I am ready to leave school and enter a new door. I admit that my current room is ready for me to leave. I admit that it is hard for negative people to obtain and maintain jobs. I admit I may have come across as harsh in my last post, but after keeping it as a draft for 48 hours and I still felt the same I decided to post it. I did not intend for the post to be negatively aimed at anyone. I was venting MY OWN hurt feelings and the events that caused me to allow them to be hurt. I want to apologize to all of you who allowed your own feelings to be hurt. It was not my intention to hurt you. I do appreciate the wake up call. I have been changing myself to become the greatest tooth scaler in the West. I now realize that I have changed too much. The changes are due to my own self defense mechanisms. I am surrounded day in and day out with beautiful, thin, intelligent, perfect young ladies. In order for me (who is the opposite of each one of those descripters) to cope, I have changed. It has been a hard two years. I have not changed for the better. I need to recheck myself and prioritize my life. I guess I owe anonymous a thank you....to bad you did'nt leave your name.

PS. I am not confident in my WREB experience. I guess I will be hanging out at WSU a little longer:(

PPS. The comments may be offensive but I will not delete them! So read and be offended:)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

You know what? Anonymous can go fuck themselves!! Anyone who dare leave such a comment has serious issues. We have ALL been moody and negative in the last few months. We have been put through the greatest challenge of our lives and we have survived it! Not even watching my mom die a slow and agonizing death was this stressful and painful. We have been scrutinized up and down for the last 2 years only because Weber wants us to be the best. I feel it is completely normal for you to have these feelings, and the last time I checked, a blog was created so people could write their own feelings with the input of others - not to have others slam you down!! I pray to God this wasn't someone from our class or from Weber who wrote this. Just know that there are four girls out there who love you more then anything! We wouldn't have been with you these past 2 years if we didn't truly feel some connection to you!! Please cheer me on tommorow- I need your good vibes to help me out!

Aimee said...

What in the hell's going on? I knew there were some bitches in your class, but shit...didn't know it was that bad! Screw 'em. It doesn't matter anymore! Too bad they don't have the balls to just say who they are. Whatever...!!

BreAnna said...

I hope you know that their are people out here that know the old you, or rather the real you. I know I havent interacted with you on a daily basis for over a year now, but I want you to know that I have always been so impressed by you. I dont know if you have changed this year, but I can tell you one thing there is a reason that everyone voted you to be a leader, and it is because that is who you are, a natural born leader. You may have had a few rough days, but you know who you really are, and trying to improve ourself is all any of us can do. I know that the maryann I know is none of these things, and I think you know it too. You are an amazing woman. If you want to change for youself then change, but not because someone else made you feel like you did fit the mold.

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry some things haven't gone your way this last little bit. I hope I wasn't associated with the negative experiences you had at WSU. I think you will be an amazing asset to our profession because I have often seen you at your best. I am impressed with how you kept yourself composed through the end of the year. I'm sure you did well on the board. Good Luck with everything!

Maria said...

First of all, Mary Ann, you are a beautiful person! You make me laugh and the party's not a party without you. It's way hard to be a part of a group with so many different personalities, especially when you're under so much stress. There is life after WSU and trust me, it's freaking awesome!

As for Melissa's comment, I'm telling Dad you said the F-word! The irony of you comment just kills me...

Unknown said...

Just want you to know that if anybody understands what you are going through it is me. Maybe no one should ever be the SADHA president.Sorry i wanted you so bad to be it, and it hurt you in the end. Just know how amazing i think you are and am so proud of everything you have accomplished. Don't ever forget you have a friend in me!!

Maybe this calls for a Phantom party! We should get the girls all together for a night of swooning!!! I am sure boards went great!! Keep me posted on things!! Cedar, Boise...... :)

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

I have one thing to say...I love you and you are super great!!! I guess that is two things. I couldnt of been blessed with a greater sister!! SERIOUSLY, I think you are amazing and if anyone has a problem with that they can come deal with me! I don;t think I have ever known anyone who doesn't like you...is that possible?! So whoever doesnt must have some kind of brain problem. Isn't blogging suppost to be fun? That totally ruined it. I don't like you anonymous! You...you fun sucker!
All I know is that these 20 1/2 years wouldn't have been as near as much fun and exciting without you! You have helped me through so much! I must have sucked up big time to God to get you as my big SISTER! I love you!!!! oh ps...did you know that Harold Knight was trying to buy our land?! yeah, I told mom not to! That would totally ruin our plan to make them a new house. other ps...I love your friends!

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

I forgot one thing...Mary Ann Jones is the most grown-up person I know! And I'm not saying that because she is my sister either! She can deal with any crap that is thrown her way!(I am suprised she hasn't conquered the world yet)She is WONDER ANN, hear her roar! K, I love you buhbye!