Saturday, September 02, 2006

9 out of 10

Today I went to work at the pharmacy. I left at the ususal time but arrived at Albertsons 7 minutes late. I was very annoyed because I do not like to be late. On my way to work I have to pass 10 street lights. At 9 of those lights I had to stop! Can you believe my luck? I refused to let this put a damper on my day. I was not working with a 70 year old pharmacist who is not worth the $50 an hour Albies pays him to sit around and tell patients that Mary Ann will be right there to help them--in other words I end up doing all the work. I was working with Von aka Von Jovi! He is one of my favorites. He is so funny! We laughed today when we were so behind because with this being a holiday weekend people are stocking up on their drugs so they can have an extra fun weekend-dang all the drug abuse in So Utah. So I worked my butt off today and since it is a pretty big butt I had to work a lot! But you know--I am glad I have a job. I am pretty lucky to have two jobs that pay me more that $15 an hour. I really am. So even though I hit almost every light on the way to work this morning I think I still owe Fate a little bit when I look at the whole picture. Even though I am homeless I have a great place to stay and great people to stay with! I could not have asked for a better situation.

Here is a top 10 list of things/experience I have had these past few weeks.

10. When asked my current address I immediately thought to write Mary Ann the girl who lives in the basement of the house across from the house that a man broke into with intent to murder and was in turn murdered.

9. Even in Cedar City dental offices are broken into...mine was on Friday...

8. Soy milk is not that bad and the shelf life is A LOT longer that cow milk.

7. I did not miss starting school.

6. I do know how to scale teeth!!!

5. 4 wheeler+9 month old=sleep

4. DVR is the best-I did not miss Prison Break.

3. I still do not miss starting school.

2. I work with a hygienist who graduated about 2 years ago from Dixie and she wears her lab coat with her name on from school....I DO NOT wish I had not burned mine;-)

1. The Utah Shakespearean Festival is amazing!!! And the Humbug drops are the best!!

5 comments:

Em said...

Mary Ann I so enjoy reading your blog.

Jami said...

You are the funniest girl ever! It's always refreshing to read your blog! YEAH...we didn't have to start school this week!! Doesn't that feel so good to know that you are now scaling for $$$! I'm a little nervous about this murder thing across the street from the basement of the house you live in....what the heck? Glad you're safe!

Tatiana said...

Hey!

I too enjoy your posts! I sadly didn't miss starting school this week. Of course because I was there. I did however miss starting the first day of clinic. I swear I had it on Thursday, but at 10:00am Tuesday morning I got a call from Alexander wondering where I was at. Anyhow, I guess even your second year you still don't know what the heck you're doing!

Sorry you don't have a home yet, what's the status with that?

Anonymous said...

Hey. I was googling for an old friend and noticed the name "Von Jovi" which is a very unusal name. Does this man have tattoos on his neck (and arms and at least one leg)? If so, I am looking for him and would be so excited to find him!!

Anonymous said...

I posted this before, then realized I should leave some contact info:

Hey. I was googling for an old friend and noticed the name "Von Jovi" which is a very unusal name. Does this man have tattoos on his neck (and arms and at least one leg)? If so, I am looking for him and would be so excited to find him!!

The man I'm looking for is about 6 foot, mostly white, has a tattoo of a praying mantis on his forearm, an ohm symbol on one side of his neck and some kind of hieroglyph on the other side. He's also got a full tattoo down one leg. He'd be about 46 by now...?

If this description fits the Von Jovi you know, please tell him an old and dear friend would love to reach him. We used to have so much fun together!

I can be reached at kungfusuperfan [at] hotmail daughtcom.

And if this is the wrong Von Jovi, please disregard and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope you find secure housing soon.

Thanks!