Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Summer is almost over...

I cannot believe how fast the summer has flown by. Local elementary and high schools started back last week. The temperature outside tells me that it is still summer but everything else tells me summer is over. Not only have schools started back but retailers have finished with their back-to-school drive and are now focusing on Halloween!!!! Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to the copious amounts of candy; I am just a little surprised that it is that time of year already. I feel like it is still winter and I am commuting back and forth from the VA hospital in SLC to Ogden. I swear it is still May and I just graduated. I feel like it has only been a few weeks since I took my WREB exam, and only a week ago I got my license.

As we all know time does fly and I really need to remember to embrace each moment, each trial, each joy, each mistake, each triumph.

On a lighter note, I went to see Merry Wives of Winsor at the Shakespearean Festival. It was so great! I went with Liz and Alethea Lewis. Yup that's right, sisters to the famous Sara Lewis-Melling. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the play, the company, and the atmosphere. I really do enjoy a good Shakespeare play. I am such a fan!! I am so lucky to live here so I can partake of the great culture. Thankfully there is a little summer left afterall!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I hope this year goes by fast for me. I'm not looking forward to it. I just want to finish up and be graduated already!

Um...did you ever get my email about how I wasn't going to be down there for the festival? I didn't hear back from you?!

Em said...

I love the fall too. And time is flying by. I helped today with the junior class orientation and it felt like last week that I went through the same experience. Time does fly.

Melissa said...

Hey, remember me? Your old buddy and pal Melissa? I'm sorry I haven't checked your blog for so long!! So many interesting things have happened to you!! I am sick to my stomach reading everyone's adventure of hygiene, and I'm stuck in assisting world still. Yarghhhh. I retake the board on Sept. 9 in Houston. I have a patient which is good, but I'm nervous as hell. The place I'm working at has offered me a job as a hygienist, so I feel like I'm under a ton of pressure!! They have been so good to me though, so I can't complain. Your comment on the HMS pinafor was hilarious!! The whole time I was reading that I was thinking of that Simpsons episode!! Too funny! Now to the reason I commented: WHY ARE YOU HOMELESS???? I thought you were living with your friend and life was wonderful!! Tell me what's up!! It sounds like everything else is rockin in your world, and I'm glad for it. Email me and let me know what's going on!!

Jami said...

Maryann! I too am a little worried about the homeless issue. I am sorry, i hope everything is working out for you....Are you coming this way for UDHA? If you need a place to stay, i can hook a girl up! I might even stay at my mom's in SL to be a little closer. If you need a warm bed, please let me know! I hope to see you and some of the others in a few weeks! By then, summer really will be over...that is so sad.