Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What the Hell.....

I am so bothered by the new Nickelodeon movie Barnyard. I love animation. I am impressed by most animated productions. I cannot make myself go and see Barnyard. I cannot get past the fact that the cow is male which makes him a bull and he has udders! What the hell??? Since when does a bull have udders? I guess they are a bovine representation of man-boobs. Still I cannot get past it. I find it irritating that the animators chose to make the film this way. I have also noticed with irritation that Burger King has a new commercial for their chicken fries. There is a rooster standing there and two hens come up with male voices and ask the chicken-aka rooster-what he is doing. The point of the commercial is that the chickens want to become chicken fries. It is annoying to me that the hens have male voices. I guess I am old fashioned. I guess gender does not matter anymore. I guess my little world has such a concept as gender--go figure!

6 comments:

BreAnna said...

Oh I miss you! and I totally agree, I havent even noticed, but I definately will next time I see it! I hope all is good with you, I am sure you are exactly what your office was looking for!

Em said...

Funny, I have the same problem with the Barnyard movie too? I just don't get it. But unlike you, I get(have) to take Bj. Ok so I can't find malignant hyperthermia just what is it. Heeee

Natlee Lloyd said...

Mair! How the heck are ya? Well I am not longer spending all of my time in the bathroom, now I am a milk truck:) Don't get me wrong it is the greatest thing ever! I love being a mom! So I still have yet to take the JP exam! I had my baby the day I had signed up to take it. Wouldn't ya know. I am glad you are loving the REAL World:) Hopefully I can someday get up the guts to try it. It seriously scares me. If I don't start working though who will ever want to hire a hygienist that graduated and never worked! I love visiting your blog and miss you tons!

Jami said...

ha ha ha! I noticed the udders on a preview and pulled a "DUH/WHAT" face when i heard the guys' voice. I thought that was pretty weird! Then i wondered if that's what i really saw or heard! I'm glad you posted about it so i know i'm not going completely crazy!

Jami said...

by the way....you do have the essence of pulchritude! He totally nailed it, and YES, i did have to look that up!

karena said...

m.a.
i am too lazy to dig out my dictionary and so i want to know just what it is that you are...i know it is fantastic! it is so weird to hear about mountains, i almost forgot about them. but, i am glad that you are taking advantage of them! i have also been noticing that when i am discussing oral health with my patients, so many of them say "oh i didn't know that" or "no one has ever told me that, but it makes sense". it makes me feel that all my hard work paid off. does anyone else feel like it is so amazing to get such a paycheck? not that we don't do good work, but i have to say i never really realized just what "good pay" is. it's nice. hopefully i can use it to come visit you and the mountains again!