Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Grand Adventure




I just got back from 5 days in California! My dearest friend Andrea and I went to Disneyland for 3 days. We got the Hopper pass and hopped around all weekend. Here we are eating Churros! I have been to D-land 3 other times while this was Andrea's first time. We maximized our Fast Pass capability so we avoided a lot of the holiday lines, which were GINORMOUS.

I was the designated photographer for other people. I was laughing as about the 10th person asked me to take their photo. I laughed harder when a little Oriental woman told me I did not take the picture right and I had to do it again. I guess I was still glowing from my fabulous victory in the workforce so I was extra easy to approach.

Speaking of being easy to approach, Friday night after the electrical parade at California Adventure a man came up to me and gave me 7 fast passes for California Screaming-the big roller coaster that is amazingly fun, breathtaking, ear splitting, stomach lurching! Sadly, I was too tired and so we passed them on. Then on Saturday another man approached me and gave me 2 fast passes for Indiana Jones! How great is my life?! Let me just tell you. I had so much fun in Disneyland! I have such great memories of this icing on top of the already triple layer chocolate cake of a week!!!

5 comments:

Em said...

Oh, to have such luck! Sounds like you had a blast. I'd like to tak Bj once life settles down. Did you know that our welcome party for the new people is monday? Time has flown by.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Churros and Triple Layer Chocolate Cake With Icing weeks! :-D

The Obergs said...

Maryann, you are on a roll! Nothing tops off a good week like Disneyland.

Jami said...

You look dang cute!! I'm glad you had fun...Disneyland is the best place to just go and act like kids! I love it! Did you go on the Tower of Terror...i think i peed a little on that one! ha ha hah

Unknown said...

Oh, fun. I have been wanting to go to Disneyland again forever! Funny how you are never too old for it! Glad you had fun!!