Monday, April 02, 2007

CDC has come through. I will be staying in Cedar and will be working for CDC. Breanna told me that 1 of 2 things would come out of this situation. She stated that "1. decide you are happy where you are at, and enjoy it even more. or, 2. Recognize there is more out there and gives you the guts to try something new." Luckily I learned both! Working at the other office for one day I learned that I do work in a great office with some great assistants (Alisha!!). After working in that office and being offered a job at the wage I desired gave me the 'guts' to apply my money making skills and earn a raise. I have always been told that the first year of practice is when you learn even more that you did in school. Well, it is true. These past 9 months have been the best textbook ever! I have learned that I have been trained to be a great RDH, that I have the personality to deal with all patients, that I have an enormous earning potential and that I have tons more to learn.
Thank you for reading.

7 comments:

BreAnna said...

AWESOME!!! I couldn't be happier for you, you get to keep the stablilty and great staff and get a little more recognition!! Sometimes it is just nice to feel like "oh yeah, I am happy to be here" and now you have again, you know you like the office and now the pay. You are definately right about learning so much after graduating, sometimes I feel like it would be fun to have a scale check now "bring it on!!" which would be much different than what I felt while still in school "GULP"

Aimee said...

Good job girl! I'm proud to know you!

Jami said...

Congrats! Very proud of you...give me some guts! WOW...you really said it. Who new life after school would bring such a learning curve...i thought we had learned enough, and we did...enough to squeak by!

We probably won't leave till july or august...that's the "plan," but nothing is really set in stone, it's just penciled in on the calendar with a big ??? Congrats again!

Tatiana said...

Snap! Look at you! Seriously, I don't know if I'm excited for all I'll learn after school, or scared to death. I will however take a page from your book at preparing myself so they can see that I have earned a raise rather than just asking for one. Very professional. I'm truly impressed! And on top of that, I'm sure you impressed them as well, so in the future they'll be willing to work with you on raises b/c they can see you're willing to work for them. I'm sure it just sealed the deal for them to know they have such a great hygienist working for them.

The Obergs said...

Congrats, if anyone could do it, it would be you!

Unknown said...

Way to go!! See, you are worth it and they realize that! I am proud of you and so happy for you!!

Em said...

Oh Mair good job.