Saturday, April 14, 2007

A REAL Callus!

Yesterday I went to see 'Disturbia'. It was a great thriller of a movie with the right amount of gore for me. I enjoyed the movie immensely. As me and my friend were leaving the theater and were in her car I started to relax. I had not realized that I was so tense-a sign of a good thrilling movie. As we were discussing the movie I realized that I had been picking skin off of my finger. I examined the ring finger on my right hand and realized that I had unconsciously picked the outer layer of skin off-another sign of a good thriller. I sat there looking at my finger wondering how I could have picked skin off my finger when I realized it was my fulcrum finger and that I had a real life callus! I remember being in school and looking at my fulcrum finger wondering when I would get a full blown hard callus. Well that day has arrived! As I am typing right now I am acutely aware of the callus on my finger, how did I not notice it before? Anyway I just wanted to share this momentous occasion with you!

6 comments:

The Obergs said...

Maryann, that is intense! I don't think I have a callus... Nope, I just checked and I definitely don't. It must be those fridays that you're working. Also, I'm glad to hear that Disturbia was good. I was dying to go last night on Friday the 13th, but Taylor was not in the mood to fight the crowds at the theatre so we rented PULSE instead which was pretty freaky (and really hard for me to see Kristen Bell being called "Maddie" instead of "Veronica"). Anyway, I'm glad that you are bugged that Veronica Mars is on hiatus too. The dumb pussycat doll show took it's place, but don't worry the last 4 episodes will resume starting May 1.

Unknown said...

You know you have finally hit hygiene womanhood when that callus finally appears! Congrats! Glad to hear it was a good movie. I am going to it tonight!

Crystal- are you dogging the pussycat doll show. Why do i like that show? Ha! Why do i also like America's next top model? I think it is because i love to see pretty girls get shut down! Ha!!!

MaryAnn, glad things are treating you so well!!!

Jami said...

I am super scared of freaky movies....but for some reason i want to see Disturbia! Brett is a little hesitant to take me! When i saw "What Lies Beneath" i wouldn't drive to my house after...i spent the night at my friends'. I'll admit, i'm a wuss!! Congrats on the callus!

Anonymous said...

Andrea still has bleedy fingertips from biting off all of her nails... :-D

Candice said...

Wow! I real callus! How exciting! :) That means you are a great hygienist! I'm glad you had fun in Disneyland! I'm jealous. Hopefully when I am rich and famous I can go there too. :)

Tatiana said...

A callus!? To much cleaning! Better stop! :) I kid, I kid!