Saturday, March 01, 2008

One drink cant hurt....can it?

Well, time has gotten away from me again! I cannot believe it. So what have I been doing? Well, I have been trying to avoid temptation. For some reason lately I have that these uncontrollable urges to drink alcohol. I want to have a drink right now in fact. Each day after work I sit and imagine what it would be like to be able to have a glass of wine to relax. Now if you do not know me personally and do not know my personal values they are....No drinking, smoking, drugs. So for me to be sitting here imagining drinking to get the edge off of my life is amazing. I have never tasted alcohol. I think I would really like it and therefore be a drunken whore. I have the type of personality that if there is food or drink in front of me I MUST finish it. I am not sure I could nurse a drink for hours. So that is how I know I would be a drunken whore.... and that is not who I want to be. So I abstain......

Work has been fun. I meet such nice people. I cannot believe it has been 2 years since I was panicking over boards and trying to cram info in my head for that 8 hour written exam!!! Man if those days did not make me drink I should be fine right now. What is the deal....dang the devil...

5 comments:

Aimee said...

I have so much respect for you! When I know I shouldn't have something, I just want it more. I love chocolate and wine. Just not together! Is Cedar starting to warm up a little?

BreAnna said...

Ok Mair this made me laugh out loud, I think we have all had the "wouldnt it be nice" feeling, I think you are totally normal, in fact most of us on the "no drinking" bandwagon would all probably be drunks, at least all the dental hygienist/no drinker combos, we are all neurotic and therefore do everything ALL the way! Go Mair just say no!

Anonymous said...

Drunken whore? That is probably the least likely phrase I would ever use to describe you. But it's a funny thought to entertain.

I'm like you-- I often think "I really want a beer right now to drown my sorrows in and escape from my life for a little while," but then I remember that I would just wake up with vomit and a killer headache and I don't want it so much anymore.

The Obergs said...

Sometimes our jobs can turn us towards the beast can't it...however, not worth it. It will just cause more problems. Keep fighting the good fight!

Lindsey said...

You kill me Mary Ann!!