Friday, March 07, 2008

Exiled in SLC



Last night I went to see my boyfriend, Rob sing at the E-Center in Salt Lake. I am so glad I took your advice and got the tickets. I cannot believe I even considered not attending. This concert was the best so far! I love Matchbox 20 so much. They sang ALL my favorites. They sing with such passion and enthusiasm. I totally enjoyed myself. The guy behind Rob with the longer hair has some killer vocals! I was quite impressed with his talent! I am not really surprised because this band is so full of talent that adding one more thing is no big deal. Oh, you play guitar, piano, drums and you sing; of course you do...

Alanis Morissette was touring with them and she did a great job as well. It was really nice to have a little dose of angry girl rock, although most of her new stuff is really quite normal. She did some weird moves on stage that weirded me out but she made up for it with her amazing voice. She is really quite talented. Mutemouth also opened for MB20. I only knew one song from them and they were a little stray--or I am a little old either one--so they were not my fav of all time but they did a great warm up act. All in all it was the best night this year!!!!!

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Damn Rob is HOT! I just signed in and was going to my usual links and I just had to stop and admire....

cheeks said...

So, about the last post...drunken whore? Once again, laughing! You are too sweet to touch anything like that...i sometimes think the same way you do! How fun would it be to just let loose on the weekends (like everyone i work with does)...i think we'd make funny drunks! :)

AND...Rob DOES look nice, doesn't he?! So glad you went with the advice of your friends and went to the concert!! My older brother called me at 11:30(ohio time) last night to tell me he scored 5th row tix and was at Rascal Flatts. I was so mad. Their first SLC concert i haven't been to. How could he call and rub that in?

Rory and Jen said...

Hey Mary ann,
I was so glad you posted a comment on my blog. Candice told me that she works with you down there in Cedar, she said she loves it. How's cedar city treating you isn't your family from there?

sounds like you had a blast at the MB20 concert and I'll have to say Rob is pretty dang good lookin! I don't think I have ever seen a picture of him before.

Anonymous said...

I love that you had such a good time. Yay for you and Rob! :-D

Lizi said...

Mair can I meet your boyfriend please?