Wednesday, May 07, 2008

2 weeks off

What a great couple of weeks! Dave came to Utah on Tuesday all the way from Savannah Georgia, where he is stationed at Ft Stewart. He has recently returned from Iraq. It was really good to see him. He brought his girlfriend Kylie. She is adorable. I really like them together. For a couple of weeks I have had this line in my head..."crazy old Clarice....He is always good for a laugh" I could not identify the source. I mentioned it around Kylie and she said it was from Beauty and the Beast. I laughed because I quoted it a few weeks ago and tried to identify the source and felt like it was a cartoon. Anyway we laughed and then my sis Jo said the line was "Crazy old Maurice". I laughed even harder because I remembered it wrong. What a nerd I am. Anyway we had to watch the entire movie this weekend. It was great. I have not shared the adventure of Bell and Chip for a long time.

While Dave was in Delta we shot rifles. It was so much fun. I really enjoy hanging out with my brothers and Kylie and shooting. It was a bit cold with the wind but what can you do?

My father has been in the hospital for about 2 weeks and is still there today. He is diabetic and has an ulcer which grew some bacteria and required antibiotics. My father is allergic to almost every kind of antibiotic so he had to be admitted and given IV antibiotics along with meds to counteract the allergy. It has sucked. He is miserable and sick. He pukes almost everyday. I for one left his room during one such episode. He is home now and doing better. So all in all it was a great 2weeks off of work!

5 comments:

Lizi said...

Mair I'm glad to see you are back at your blog! I'm so glad your pops is out of the hospital, and hope he heals up quickly. I think you need to teach me how to shoot :)

cheeks said...

hey, i was totally thinking of you today, so i thought i would stop by and share why.... the radio station we were listening to at work was doing some big time block of MB20 and Rob Thomas! I think i listened to them for about 2 hours...i thought of you all day!

Glad to see you had such a great time w/ your bros...makes me miss mine! They always sound like a lot of fun! sorry about your dad, i'm glad he made it home and I hope he's feeling better.

Hows everything in the land of cedar? Has Spring sprung yet?

The Obergs said...

hahaha, as soon as you said the quote I knew exactly what you were talking about and laughed and then laughed even harder when I realized that I didn't even catch the misquote about "maurice". You are funny, I feel like I need to watch Beast (as my little sister called it) now. I haven't seen it in ages. Well, I hope your dad is doing well. Have a wonderful spring.

Em said...

Wow, you went shooting. I did it once and felt totally intimidated. Are your parents in Ceder too? I miss my family too, especially my good brother. That would be the brother who isn't a horese ass. Things are looking better now in Yakima. I've just totally had a bad attitude that is all. I'm learning to suck it up.

Aimee said...

I'm glad your dad is doing better. It would be so nice having 2 weeks off! Sounds like you enjoyed it! Good for you girl.