Monday, May 19, 2008

To RDH or not to RDH...

It is hard to be a dental hygienist today. My back hurts, I can still feel the roughness on the root surfaces even though I have scraped and scraped, I do not have health insurance and could really use some, I do not have paid time off--and could use some, I feel crappy. I guess it all boils down to not feeling 100%. I am sure I will feel better in the morning. My office is undergoing a major exodus. 5 assistants and front office girls are leaving. 3 are staying...as well as 3 RDH. But I did get an email requesting a job for M-Th with benefits.....TEMPTING! Anyway it is hard to have such change going on. I feel the stress and do not like it. I am sure the patients feel it as well. So tomorrow I will love being a RDH but for tonight I think I will take a Tylenol and think about it.

4 comments:

cheeks said...

wow, amen sista! I feel like that most days....mostly since i started doing 5 days a week in ohio. Are you 5 days? It's a killer. I've often thought of other options, but what pays? I guess having insurance benefits would be nice, eh? Keep on keepin on!

Em said...

WELL, how about I.H.S or BoP fedural prisons? Just kinding. I have 100% benifits, 30 days paid leave a year, holiday's, retirement...its great...if your the right kind of person for the job. I'm not. But it's an option.

Melissa Rees said...

Hey it's Melissa. I started a new blog but it sucks!! I don't know diddly about posting, but I'm trying. I guess my url is melisscrees.blogspot.com. The big day is June 6 for Terry then we're back in Utah. Can't wait to see you again!!

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with RDH anything, but I had to tell you that T-Bag is going to be in the Transporter 3! Here's a link to the poster for it:

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/transporter3banner-big.jpg