Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We are the 6th Ward Frogs....

I have recently returned from Girls Camp. It was my first time going as leader. What a chore. But it was a fun chore. I got lots of pics and will only bore you with a few. This first one is of the leaders in our 'kitchen'. For those of you who have not been to Girls Camp before know this....it is the poshest camp ever. We had to have a kitchen, living room, dining room etc. All were covered by EZE-UP shades and all had tables, cupboards etc. It was so organized and just like home. In my opinion it was a lot of work for only 4 days, 3 nights. Oh well. That is the joy of Girls Camp!!!

Out theme was MLB (Mormon League Baseball) We were the Frogs. So a few girls caught a frog. It was quite the scene... anyway it was a fun camp and I am really glad to be home and clean!!

Before Girls Camp I was coming home from a wedding reception up Cedar Mountain and hit a deer. It was so sad. My first road kill-but I am not sure I really killed him. It did a bit of body damage. I was not hurt and either was the bride's mom who was with me in my truck. One day 4 years ago I was at a UDHA convention in Park City when someone hit my truck and dented the back door. So the guys at the Ford Dealership/body shop told me it was consistant with the damage caused by the deer and that I could get the insurance to pay for it. I declined and said, 'I know the damage is consistant and I really want to tell you that but that dent has been there for 4 years. I really want it fixed though so would you fix it and I would pay for it.' A few days later I got a call telling me the insruance adjuster came and said since I was so honest about the back door that I could include it in with all the other repairs. I was so happy! It just proves that 'honesty is the best policy' ha ha ha!

8 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

Yowch! I'm glad you're okay! And an honest Abe. I haven't had the pleasure of hitting anything bigger than a bird, but it's still scary! I totally miss girls camp. I had some bad experiences but I still had a blast every year I went. It looked like you had fun!!

The Obergs said...

oh man, the same situation happened with us and our car. We were honest, but did not get rewarded and still have the big scratch in the bumper where some doofus rear-ended me because he was too busy smoking and talking on his cell phone to notice that everyone was braking. I'm happy for you though, that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yay for camping and honesty! Good job! :-D

Aimee said...

Hey Mary Ann, Emily's stalker was using my blog to stalk her! Anyway, I decided to change my blog address. I think you can click on my name here to take you to the new address. I also went private. I need your email address so I can invite you!

cheeks said...

oh, i sure miss girls camp! i'm sure being a leader would really open my eyes up to see how much work goes into all the planning and carrying out of the project!

Way to be honest!! What a reward...glad you are ok...that poor deer! Hopefully he didn't suffer too long!

Lizi said...

I'm glad to hear that girls camp was a success! And I'm even more proud of the girls for actually catching a real frog, woo! And I'm SO excited for you about your truck and that the insurance guy was so awesome...you NEVER hear of awesome insurance guys. Who are you with? I miss you as my neighbor... We found an apt AND we have an outdoor pool that is free Mair, what more of an excuse do you need to visit? It would totally be worth the gas money :) Know you always have a place in good ol' Omaha. Please tell my nephews and niece to stop being cute and no more growing.

Scott and Misty said...

cute blog Mair! I am so happy you went to girls camp and not me...anyway I am adding you to my friends list.

Em said...

Mair it was great to sit and talk with you! I'll be up again in Nov. for Thanksgiving, I'd love to see you again, maybe we can drag Aimee up too. So keep me in mind for Nov.