Monday, July 14, 2008

So Ut is SWEET

On Thursday I had the opportunity to attend the Utah Shakespearean Festival and see 'Two Gentlemen of Verona'. It was great. I enjoyed the costumes, stage and of course the acting. I had a blackberry tart and humbug lolly. It was such a peaceful night to sit outside and watch this play. Then on Saturday I went to St George to see 'Les Miserables' performed at the Tuacan amphitheater. That too was amazing. The actors sang their hearts out and brought tears to my eyes. I love how Tuacan uses the natural beauty of the red cliffs and rocks to accent every single play they perform. I really love Southern Utah especially during the summer! Cedar Mountain is one of the best places on earth, Panguitch Lake is great and Red Cliffs is super fun! So all in all So Ut is my flavor....

9 comments:

The Obergs said...

Mine too! I would die to live down south, it feels like my second home since I've been going there every summer since I was born. Unfortunately Taylor hates the heat, I'm afraid I'm going to end up living in Alaska or something.

Unknown said...

Oh, how are you?? How is work? How is life?

Anonymous said...

Southern Utah likes you too. :-)

Lizi said...

OH MAIR! I wanna die without the desert, so I'm glad your living it up. The humidity out here is crazy...I keep telling myself it's just temporary so I can deal. Southern UT is one of the best spots to live!

Melissa Rees said...

I wholeheartedly agree! All of UT is great! I learne this the hard way living in Hell--I mean Phoenix. Oh well, I'm home and all is good. BTW, my in-laws are having a baby shower for me in late August and you better be there! I know it's a heck of a drive to South Ogden but please come! I want to see you really bad! Your invite should come in the next few weeks.

cheeks said...

oh! that tart sounds like it was amazing....oh, and the plays too! I'm jealous you live among the red rocks! Tell them hi from me! Glad to hear you're having a great summer!

Em said...

Mair, you're a hoot!!!! I can't wait for Nov. Hey, maybe you could clean my teeth. I'll think about it...But I just hate to complicate the work place.

Em said...

NCMO? Um, what's that?

BreAnna said...

I love the festival, such a fun time of year down there! It always makes me want to wear a hair garland the entire week!