Tuesday, September 02, 2008

When Dealth Comes Knockin...

Death is such a weird beast. It is also dominating my life recently. As many of you have heard about the plane crash that took 10 members of Cedar City. I knew them. I know hundreds of people who are deeply touched by this loss. Then today a patient told me another member of Cedar passed away this morning from pancreatic cancer and then at lunch I got a message from my mom. My mom does not call during the day and by the tone of her voice I knew something was wrong. Sure enough my uncle died in his sleep. What a surprise. My dad's youngest bro. gone. game over. peace out.

Anyway it was not an expected death and I am not sure how I am feeling about it. I have mixed feelings. I see the good and I see the bad. Luckily I know I will see him and everyone else who has passed on again. I am comforted by that fact!

2 comments:

The Obergs said...

oh mary ann, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss you're dealing with. I'm thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

wonder sister i love you!!!! i cant remember my password so im anonymous!