Friday, September 18, 2009

Bring out the hoodies


This is a picture from my opertory window...you can see my reflection hee hee. It was afternoon and cloudy just in time for some rain. I love the view from my window. It is so beautiful. The 'West Hill' is covered in trees and when the clouds are gone it is quite lovely.


What I wanted to note is the tree directly across from my office is starting to turn yellow. Yesterday coming home from work I was walking to the train and the wind rustled the leaves. I was instantly in a leaf storm. Leaves were falling down like rain. It was a surreal moment. It was very magical being in this leaf storm. Yet sad. Leaves falling and turning yellow are indicative of the end of summer. I am not used to Portland summer and it has not been long enough. I feel it just barely warmed up. I understand this is normal for Portland. The good part is that I have this wonderful view of the west side of Portland and get to watch the leaves change and eventually fall off. I am pretty lucky to work and live in such a wonderful city.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I want to live in Portland!!!! I am envious of you. I HATE the snow. You are wonderful!!!

cheeks said...

I LOVE the view from your op! you're very lucky! i bet fall there will be so beautiful!

to answer your question, E loves to stand if we hold her hands...she'd rather do that than sit! she's not too sturdy on her own yet!

Enjoy the fall....i want to be in a leaf storm!

Lori England said...

Hey beautiful! Alot greener then Delta!

Em said...

we're still cooking in Yakima. I'm so ready for rain and cold weather.

Lizi said...

Wow what a view! What do you like better...red rocks or green trees?

Maria said...

Yeah, we got screwed out of summer here too and now the leaves are changing. What a great view though!