Monday, September 21, 2009

Let 'er Buck !!



This is all that remains from my weekend. For many of you who do not know what this bag is...let me explain.
I have a recipe for wonderful peanut butter, oatmeal, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter chip cookies. They are nummy. They are also fragile. I think it has to do with the chip to dough ratio.

I made a batch of cookies and filled up the Ziploc bag. We munched on them all weekend and traveled over 6 hours with them. I think they held up pretty well.
My adventures this week took Dan, Anna and me to Hermiston. Anna has not been to Hermiston for a couple years and her grandmother was excited to see her as well as her cousins. It was fun all over the place.
Saturday I got tickets to the Pendleton Round-up. This is a rodeo. A huge pro rodeo circuit event. Dan who is from Hermiston (22 miles away) has never been to the round-up, just the parade and party after. I am a rodeo lover. We went to the round-up and I completely loved it. I had the best time. The only draw back was that I lost the mullet bet. Dan, Anna and I had bet the night before about how many mullets we would see. My guess was 7. Anna 7-20 and Dan picked 1-5. I was completely dumb founded when we did not spot one. How shocking.
Even though the cowboys of Eastern Oregon have modern cuts they still are the same, big buckles, tight jeans, climbing bleachers with beers in hand trying not to spill. Great fun! And props to West Haven Ut cowboy who won calf roping--cant remember your name but hey I remember your jeans :)

9 comments:

Em said...

That maple bar just looks wrong. Love cowboys!!! I haven't taken Bj yet...there are cultural issues. And I love your cookies, too. Yum.

Maria said...

What's up with a bacon maple bar? Eww. I hate maple bars. Yuck. I love rodeos though and I was so sad to miss the Spanish Fork Fiesta Days rodeo. I go every year :(

P.S. I hate the Oregon Ducks for beating the Utes.

Maria said...

What's up with a bacon maple bar? Eww. I hate maple bars. Yuck. I love rodeos though and I was so sad to miss the Spanish Fork Fiesta Days rodeo. I go every year :(

P.S. I hate the Oregon Ducks for beating the Utes.

Lizi said...

I need some of your celestial cookies please! Rodeo's are the best. We took Kaden and Sadie to the one here in Cedar. It was Sadie's first cotton candy experience, yep it passed the test! Rodeo's are so much fun, I would love to go to a big one someday!

Lori England said...

Do you ever stay home?

cheeks said...

oh! i love rodeos too! your weekend sounds wonderful! seriously....the only rodeo here is the PBR that rolls through once a year and costs way too much for poor college students to attend! what happened to the summers where EVERY single city has a rodeo for part of it's "Town Days" festivities?! ohio sucks for that reason alone! long live tight wranglers and hard workin farm boys!

Melissa Rees said...

So many posts with so much good food! How sad that no one had tried a homemade oreo. I love those! The pancakes looked delicious too! Your operatory view is amazing!! I miss mine in Scottsdale. I always saw little bunnies scampering around outside!

vicki said...

Those cookies sound like heaven!!

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

i miss your cookies!!! remember when we had them in yellowstone?! yeah they were pretty much the greatest thing!! love you