Saturday, December 05, 2009

Captain Dan


Here I am watching Elf. This happens to by one of my favorite Christmas movies...I love that the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
I love the innocence of Buddy and how the loves everyone and syrup.
Today I had the honor of putting captain bars on my husband's military uniform. We got the news yesterday that his promotion finally came. He has worked so hard for this.
I do not have pictures because I was up in front of everyone and the people who took pictures have yet to email them to me....I hope they do. I get nervous when things like this are out of my control. Anyway, Dan's uncle Curt and his girlfriend came as did Dan's ex-girlfriend and her son (they are still good friends). His mom and sisters did not make it. Nor did his daughter. She said she had other stuff to do, but Dan felt that she was just saying that because she did not want to go. It broke his heart. I wanted to cry last night. It was hard to watch.
Well the ceremony was nice. It was outside in the cold. The soldiers were in formation and they called Dan to post. Then they called Curt and I up and introduced us to everyone. Then as they read the orders I removed the velcro patch on Dan's uniform and placed the captain patch while his uncle removed the Lt pin and replaced it with the captain pin on his hat. It was nice. Pictures were being taken all over the place. So hopefully I will get one. We then went to lunch. It was wonderful. I love Uncle Curt and his girlfriend. They are great people and I am sure we will hang out again. I am thankful for my family who showed support to Dan even in Utah. I am grateful that I have friends and family who give me support no matter how much notice I give them or how far out of the way they have to go!!! I love you all so much!
Curt happens to be an Oregon Ducks football season ticket holder and he says....Buckeyes are going to win. So Jami...Enjoy the game! I hope it is a good one.

7 comments:

Lori England said...

That is so cool that you got to be part of the ceremony! Pictures would be great! So, are orders a sure deal just waiting on paperwork crap or is it iffy?

Again tell Dan great job and hope to see him at Christmas
ps maybe you can sometime down the road talk to him about him being there for his daughter and her in turn being there for him.

And what is this about an ex coming? What is that about?

cheeks said...

what a great promotion! i'm glad all of his hardwork paid off....and i think it's cool they let the family in on the whole ceremony!

wow about uncle curt/big oregon fan thinking the buckeyes will win :) i guess since we've "become buckeyes" they've pretty much blown any big game that matters, so i've lost a little faith! you don't tell anyone from columbus though, that you think their bucks will lose....that's just asking for something bad to happen to you in return! we'll see!

Ruth said...

I am so proud of the both of you! Together you will be wonderful!

Lizi Bates said...

Congrats to Dan on his promotion! How neat that you got to take part in the ceremony. That'll be fun to see the pix, I'm sure you will get them :)

Chelseys Blog said...

Cool! Dan is in the military? Sorry I am so far behind. Cant wait to see the pics though... and Congratulations Dan!

Maria said...

Congrats to Dan on his promotion! That is awesome. Sounds like a neat ceremony.

The Obergs said...

Congratulations Dan!

P.S. Please don't even whisper that the Ducks will lose, especially to the Buckeyes. Taylor's favorite team in the whole wide world is the University of Oregon and one of his most hated teams ever is Ohio. He will be crushed if they lose.