Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Good Thing

This is the cheesiest picture ever. My sister Jo Ann (On the left) painted my nails so they would be pretty when Josh saw me for the first time in 5 years.
This is not an after picture of my hair but it is what I have. We were waiting for it to soak into my hair.
My niece Shay wanted to know who Josh was. I had pictures on my phone. She quickly figured out how to use the touch screen and navigate through all my pictures. She did this for about an hour. It kept her pretty entertained.
After church I came home and my brother Daniel was there sitting in the favorite recliner with my mom's snuggie. Jenni (see above pic-she is on the right) made it for my mom for Christmas. I thought it was so funny I jumped into the recliner with him. I was laughing so hard that my fat butt fit in the chair with him!
(Notice the highlights in my hair) Josh was able to come on Friday night. He was a trooper. He hung out with my family. He helped me do the dishes -by hand. He talked forever with my father. He was patient and kind and careful.
On Sunday I decided suddenly that I had been a selfish brat. I had been making Josh jump through all these hoops and I was giving nothing. I told Josh this and said let's go see your parents. So we drove to Ephraim and visited his family for about an hour. Josh used to live in Delta. He lived through the field of me. His father (Cal) and my father are buds. Even years later Cal and my dad still get together and even email. So the visit to his parent's house was only minorly unsettling. As we were leaving Josh's mom starts saying how happy she is that we are together and I start freaking out. I said we are not together. She kept going on. I said Denise stop talking. She did not stop. She was trying to tell me how happy she was that I had made her son so happy and that I was a good woman. I know she was excited to have her son 'dating' a good woman but I did not want to even think about dating Josh yet. I am still technically married and my heart is really tender. I left the Nay family's house feeling bad that I had been so rude to Denise. She assured me that I was a Jones and therefore family.
My father did his share of grilling me. His first question when we were alone was....What is the deal with Josh. I told my dad I did not know. I said Josh wants me to give him a chance but that my heart was hurt and raw and sad. My dad understands-having been divorced himself. My dad told me to take it slow and take my time and see if Josh can take me to the temple.
All in all my family loves Josh and his family loves me. We had a great weekend visiting cemeteries and decorating graves with my grandmother. It was surprisingly fun. I am glad my sisters and nephew encouraged me to be brave and let Josh come for the whole weekend. It was a good thing.

5 comments:

vicki said...

Your hair looks great! I am so excited for you. I knew that something good would come of this seemingly terrible time in your life. I can't wait to see how it all plays out. I will be praying for your happiness!

Aimee said...

I'm glad you're letting yourself have some fun! It's good that you're taking things slow. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to be ready for anything before you actually are. You're such a great girl! Everything's gonna turn out great for you! Love ya, lady!

cheeks said...

cute hair! i'm glad you had a happy weekend! i love that you have a huge smile in every picture! i think it is probably a good thing you guys live in different states for now....it will give you some time to heal and take care of other business. i really like your dad's advice! glad you had a great trip!

Maria said...

Love the hair! I'm looking for a new stylist. Had to fire mine after she chopped some heinous layers in that I specifically said I did not want.

I'm jealous. It took me a year to feel ready to date after my divorce and five years to find someone decent. You've found someone so fast! Good for you. Even if he's just a great friend it's still wonderful to have that.

Angie said...

Daniel in that Snuggie is one of my favorite pics ever! :-D