Wednesday, June 09, 2010

S & J Salon

I would like to introduce Jenni Jones. My wonderful sister-in-law. She is amazing.
She is a wonderful CNA. Her skills are amazing. She has a secret love....Hair. She would love to go back and learn another skill.
She is simply talented. I let her put highlights in my hair. It was out of a box and looked pretty amazing. She really did a great job. I do not have an 'after' picture.
The story I wanted to tell you starts with Josh. Josh lives in St George Utah. I was going to Delta Utah for Memorial Day. Josh wanted to come see me. I was hesitant. Although I had received so much strength and help from Josh. He helped my heart heal after Dan. He truly did.
I was a selfish girl. I told Josh he could come to Delta on Sunday only. Not only could he only come on
Sunday but I would be going to all 3 hours of church and if he wanted to spend time with me he could come. Then I said I would be having Sunday dinner with my family and I would be cleaning up and I would be playing games with my siblings. He could hang out with my family if he wanted. I would not guarantee any alone time with him. He agreed to the deal.
The closer it came to Memorial Day the more I wondered about Josh and wondered what it would be like to go on a date with him. I proceeded to tell him he could come on Saturday night (after he had worked all day in Mt Green-and drive to Delta) and take me to a movie.
I was a selfish stinker.
SOOOOO
I am sitting in the S&J Salon (Susan and Jenni Salon-my mom-Susan is a licensed hair professional and did cut my hair before Jenni colored it). Ok I am sitting in the S&J Salon Friday night when Josh texted me and said he just got a call from his job in Mt Green and they said they did not need him to come to work on Saturday. He had packed his truck and was ready to leave St George as soon as he was off work in St George with the plan to stay with his parents in Ephraim, work Sat and then come to Delta to see me. I was faced with the delima. I asked my sisters if I should invite Josh to come up Friday night and hang out all weekend with me and my family or should I make him stick to the original plan. I was scared. My heart is tender. I had not officially signed divorce papers. How could I even entertain thoughts of another man? How could I let him come up and visit me? How could I? Was I destined to be on Jerry Springer? I posed my fears to my sisters and they encouraged me to invite him. My nephew even said...'quit being a sissy pants' So I was brave. . . braver than I expected and I invited Josh to come on Friday night.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Is there going to be a "part 2" to this blog entry? WHAT HAPPENED?? :)

cheeks said...

wow.....that's really leaving us hangin! Not even a "to be continued....??" i love that your nephew was in on the talk! funny!

i want to see pics of your hair!

Lizi Bates said...

I can't wait to hear the rest of this story!! You must post again soon :) And yes, hair photos please!

Angie said...

Holy crap! I'm catching up on your blog post-Upward Bound and I feel like I need to pop some popcorn before I keep reading this saga! :-D