Friday, July 02, 2010

Ode to Chocolate Creaminess

Oh Utah Truffle how I love you.
This is my love. It is cool, dark, creamy and completely satisfying.
I found these packets of love when I lived in Cedar City Utah. They quickly became my rescue chocolate. Rescue chocolate is the emergency chocolate stashed for those urgent moments where chocolate is required. When I moved to Oregon it was one of the luxuries that I missed.
One day I went to Deseret Book in Lake Oswego, Oregon and discovered that they sold these little high calorie bits of joy. I bought 2. I went back the next day due to Dan trying it and loving them also. The store was out of the mint flavor. It was heart breaking. Since then when I am in the neighborhood I stop by the store to stock up on this emergency ration. Sometimes they have mint sometimes not. When they do I purchase 5-6. I feel like such a closet hoarder.
Today I went book shopping and looked for mint bars. There was not a single one. I asked when they were going to get some more and after further investigation it was reported that due to the heat of the season no more shipments will be arriving until fall.
WHAT?
I had heard about refrigerated trucks but I guess they must be an urban legend.
How am I supposed to live without my security chocolate reserve....it is a good thing I have two bars in my fridge at home.
I am glad I am a secret hoarder

7 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

It pays to have a food supply for sure! Did you know Sara and I mailed you some? Except I don't think you ever got them, because we sent them to my parent's house b/c that's where you were going to be that week...but it didn't work out last minute. And then a couple months later it was returned to Sara's house...they were flat. It's the thought that counts, right? No, actually it's the chocolate that counts!! I guess you'll just have to make a trip to UT soon ;)

Mary Ann said...

I did know you guys sent me some! Sara sent them to me this spring with a fresh one! the flat ones were too funny. I guess they really do melt during shipping ha ha ha

cheeks said...

ha ha! you'll have to just enjoy those beauties one yummy bite at a time!

vicki said...

OH MY GOSH!! How do I not know about these?? Were you hoarding these when we lived together and you didn't tell me? I have got to get my hands on some. I think I'll google and see if I can order them online.

Ruth said...

I too, LOVE these! I have stopped buying them, even though they are SOOO good. I also LOVE mint chocolate...

Maria said...

They have a Deseret Book in OR? Cool. I love mint in any form and I will have to try to find these. If you ever need me to mail you some let me know. I would be happy too.

Angie said...

This post makes me smile. A lot. :-D