Monday, July 12, 2010

So Proud

Andrea leaves in the morning. It has been great having someone to go to movies and to site-see with. I have enjoyed our time. During the week I went to work and left Andrea home to sweat in my non-air conditioned apartment on the third floor. It was sweltering. It was 100 degrees outside and 92 inside. I had purchased a small room air conditioner for my bedroom. I tried to install it. I failed the first night. I was so hot. I was sweating and hot and irritated. So I went for a drive and cranked the music and air conditioning in my truck as high as it could go. The next day I came home from work and was able to think clearly and install it. I even cut the plexi-glass myself and placed it in my window with Andrea's help. This little box can kick out the cool air. But only for my bedroom. It does not have enough power in it's little frame to cool the entire house but I can handle it. I will live in my room and be happy. I am quite proud of myself that I was able to figure it out. I have never been a handy person. To me it was a great accomplishment.

4 comments:

Bren and Jen said...

I am so proud of you. You are going to need a pink hammer now that you are so handy! Good work.

Ruth said...

You are wonder woman!

vicki said...

So glad that you could get some cool air!
I think air conditioning is the best invention of the twentieth century. When our A/C went out over a weekend once we bought an expensive air unit and put it in the kitchen window and within 4 hours the entire house was cool and then on Monday when the guy came to fix the A/C we sold the unit for almost what we bought it for. We will do ANYTHING for cool air! (Plus we live in Louisiana so you would be dead without it!) Love me some chilly A/C!

Angie said...

Great accomplishment indeed! You're such a ninja! :-D