Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to everyone!
My friend Andrea Healton gave me a bear nativity set! I love love love it. She has been a friend for over a decade and I am grateful for her support. I am also grateful for the black bear. I have fond memories of my Grandpa Jones telling me stories of Greasy Bear and his adventures in Yellowstone. I have collected black bears for almost 15 years. I completely love my newest addition!

I spend Christmas with Scott. We had a wonderful dinner of steaks and shrimp. Scott was a master chef and I was the supporting table setter. I am so thankful to have somewhere to spend my holidays. 
Scott and I completely spoiled each other. I have enjoyed my days here in the cold Uintah Basin. I am torn. I dont want to go back to my empty apartment and to the cold rain. I am not ready to leave Dr M and the wonderful boss he is! I am ready to be closer to my parents. Although Portland affords me some distance which makes the separation from family easier to deal with. I am scared to get married again. I am afraid of failure. I know how to be single. I dont know why I cannot commit already. I have known Scott for 7 months. I feel I know him very well. He continues to impress me and show me the kind of man he is. I am thankful for the trials we have had and the hardships that have brought us together. He is not comfortable being single and is so patient while I try to work through my fear of failure. 
I have hopes of working through it soon. My goal this week has been to set a date for marriage before I leave for Portland. I am closer to picking a day than I was a week ago, but afraid to solidify and commit. 

5 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

Wowza that's a lofty goal! Good job Mair, you can do it! From what I know (via the blog) I've been very impressed with Mr. Scott. I'm glad he is being patient with you. He should be :) Merry Christmas to you!! And to answer your questions...Sawyer burnt his hand on the humidifier :( poor lil guy! It's healing up nicely tho...just have to keep it wrapped since he's always getting his hands dirty.

Ruth said...

Merry Christmas to you! :) I want only happiness for you. I hope that Scott can help you find it. Life will come together for you the way it is suppose to, if you just let it. I know all about needing to let go and let the Lord work in my life. It is a challenge for me everyday.

Lori England said...

Yes you did get spoiled! And just to let everyone know Scott had my name for christmas and he picked it out himself and did a great job! Better than me who still needs to mail it!

cheeks said...

i love your nativity! so cute and what a sweet friend to give such a thoughtful gift, knowing you love black bears.

I'm excited for you that you are happy! If Scott cares for you he will continue to be patient, i don't think you need to feel rushed into setting a date....you will know when it's right, and if waiting a little is what it takes, then so be it! I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!!! Hope the New Year is just as great!

Melissa Rees said...

Mair this is great!! Scott sounds wonderful, and I'm glad he is being patient with you. It's a hard thing to commit to marriage, especially with what you've been thru. I know you'll make the right decision!