Friday, July 06, 2012

Superstar Chef, Family Reunion, New Look

I wanted to surprise Scott with a fancy manly meal and so I tried my hand at beef wellington. 
The golden pastry was very yummy and the mushroom layer between the pastry and the meat was very delicious even though I added too much garlic. And the meat was done to perfection! It looks raw but trust me it was hot and tender and completely wonderful. 

I was pretty proud of myself for making this top dollar dish.
Last weekend there was a Rust Reunion. My father's mother was a Rust and was raised in Altamont Utah--aka the Uintah Basin. What I find ironic is today I live in Vernal-aka the Uintah Basin. 

Having a reunion has been long overdue. My brother Daniel and his wife Hilaree came. The three of us represented my grandmother-Mable Jones branch of the family tree. 
Daniel and Hilaree stayed with Scott and I for the weekend. We decided to go to the dinosaur quarry inside Dinosaur National Park.

Scott constantly has something in his nose! I am not sure if it is a birth defect but it sure makes me giggle. Here we are on the tram waiting to be taken to the quarry.


Here we are at the quarry. Scott took a less than flattering picture and I look amazing and since this is my blog I chose the picture where I looked wonderful! Poor Scott. . . .He truly isn't a drunk ha ha ha

Oh the quarry and the tram both in the background.
The night before we went to the park I showed Daniel and Hilaree pictures (much to Scott's chagrin) of when part of the Jones clan went to the quarry in 1997 after attending a reunion/funeral in Altamont. The tram is the same! The quarry is slightly different-the old one was falling apart and recently went under a remodel in 2011. 

After going to the park we went to Fantasy Canyon. I have posted about this wonderful canyon before and only included one picture of screaming man. Can you see him?? 
Suzie update time:
She is 1 week shy of 5 months.
She loves kettle corn from The Red Barn in Santaquin

Her tail moves a mile a minute

Scott parted her hair down the middle the other day! 
This picture shows how mangy Suzie's hair was getting.
This picture is Suzie right after her first hair cut

Another shot of her new big puppy hair cut. Suzie is so much softer now and is more brown and black mixed. She is not sure about the shortness of her hair, she keeps rubbing and scratching. What a silly girl. I love her new look!

3 comments:

*Jo* said...

I love Suzie and her lack of hair!

cheeks said...

i like suzie's "summer cut"....she should appreciate it! It's too dang hot for long hair!! you do look beautiful in that pic....sometimes the hubby just has to look bad on our behalf! :)

Lori England said...

Were those potatos on your plate?