Thursday, November 20, 2014

Halloween and Heber Creeper!

Halloween 2014! Here is the cutest Superman! Kevin is about 18 months and just a sweetie! He does a little American Sign Language and it is just precious! His parents are deaf and he is not. He reminds me of when his dad was a boy. Daniel was a busy boy. He was constantly getting into drawers and cupboards; making messes as he went. We had long yard sticks that we ran down through the drawer handles to keep him out. We also had a lock on the refrigerator because he loved to take eggs and crack them on the floor and bring the cats from outside to eat them. Oh the trouble he caused. And I see the same curious mischievous mind in Kevin, his son. 
Kevin sure is cute! Daniel, Hilaree and Kevin; and my sister Jo Ann and her husband John met Scott and I at Heber Valley Railroad to ride the once called Heber Creeper. 

Scott and I did not dress up. We were the odd men out. 

Daniel and Hilaree. 

Kevin giving rocks! 

Father and son--Superman all the way!

Blurry but so cute! I love these two!


Jo Ann is a great Minion. She is too cute! John is a golfer and looked amazing. His current profession is grounds keeper at the golf course in Delta. He has a degree in horticulture and knows how to keep those greens wonderful! He is a pretty impressive man! My sister is very lucky to have him. 
We all had a great time on the train. When Kevin got home he asked if he could go again. That is so cute! 
I am so glad my family loves me and indulges my planning of events. I am so thankful for them. I know I am a planner. I know I like to try new things. I also know that Jo and Daniel are great sports. It means so much to me to have people follow through on the plans. I am truly not offended if they choose not to participate! My sister Lori, and brother Brent chose not to come. I am not upset at all. I would be upset if they agreed to come and then 'no showed'. That would have hurt my feelings! 
Daniel comes to Vernal once in a while for work. It is so nice to have him visit! He is moving in a few days to Cedar City. I am happy for them, but am sad that he will no longer be doing service calls to Vernal anymore and I will not get to see him as much. I love Cedar City! Cedar is very far from the Vernal perspective! What makes it worse is Kevin is going to be a brother in April and I will e so very far away! I guess I better get working on my long over due teleporter!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Long due teleporter, maybe not, but when you come to Cedar to see the new baby and I know you will. Let me know when you will be there and I will surely come to see you. I will not take much time, just enough to say hi. Oh I hope you will! :) I love to plan, but usually not try new things. I am working on that though. You are the best! I do wish for that weekly lunch.