Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What a great time of year we get to have celebrations of gratitude. 
This year Scott and I were able to celebrate alone. Just the two or three if you count that little pup. Scott is working Thursday. Wednesday Scott and I prepared our meal and had a wonderful day of counting our blessings! We decided to try a deep fried turkey. Neither of us have prepared or eaten a deep fried turkey. I love new adventures with this guy!
Scott is watching the turkey cook. We dug deep in the store freezer to get a 11.87 lb turkey. It is such a scrawny thing.  It almost looks like a chicken! Poor tiny turkey!

Look at that golden brown turkey! YUM!

The turkey cooked in a record 42 minutes! Woot woot! It was such a nice day that being outside was such a pleasure! I love spending time with Scott! I am so very thankful for him in my life!

Here is my gluttonous plate of food! Just look at that turkey leg! I mean just look at it! Do not on the other hand look at the gravy! the gravy reminded me of pasty gloop-but it tasted wonderful!!! 
I loved every bite of this meal! It was one of the best meals I have had! I am sure it had a lot to do with Scott helping by making the turkey and stuffing (with freeze dried celery and onions--we are testing out Thrive products to see what we think--we think they are wonderful; but I digress) and helping me in all ways to have this meal! Then he helped me clean up! It was such a good day and I am thankful for all the things in our life! 

On a personal note--Tuesday Scott was told that he was not dispatcher/supervisor anymore and that they were docking his pay and Brett (a big fat jerk in my book) was taking his job. While I am relieved that Scott's stress level will be reduced and that the phone will stop ringing 15-20 times daily, I am sad and angry that this company could punish Scott for doing nothing wrong. But the company thinks Brett knows everything and is the golden boy. We are going to sit and watch Brett fail in the meantime we are going to save every last penny to purchase our own truck and go into business for ourselves. It is going to be hard. We have to pinch pennies now due to pay loss while saving for a truck. 
I am so tired of this company not realizing how hard Scott works and how many hours he puts in. But I guess Brett will find out soon enough. Sigh. It sure has been a heart breaking, self esteem killing, trust breaking, hard change to make Thanksgiving. 
I am immensely  proud of Scott. I am very proud to be his wife! And of course I am thankful for him, thankful I know him, am loved by him, have him in my life! I am a very blessed woman!
I hope y'all have a wonderful day of thanks!
I am preparing to sit in my pajamas and watch movies and knit. Oh yeah!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh my goodness. That is horrible about Scott and his job. The two of you are so lucky to have found each other. I am not a fan of turkey, but I am very impressed with the frying of the turkey and it only taking 42 minutes to cook it.

Jami said...

Sorry to hear about Scott's job. I'm sure by now that company knows they made a mistake. Hopefully this will just open up better opportunities for you guys. Your Thanksgiving sounds perfect!! I have never tasted a deep fried turkey but heard so many people RAVE about how amazing they are! You really can't beat a turkey dinner in 42 minutes!! Hope you had a great Christmas as well! I've been so bad at keeping up... and that's why i'm on the computer now. JAN.1..working on a resolution to catch up on my blogging! ha!