Tuesday, January 24, 2006

'And all you do is lie to me'

I have 100 days until I graduate! I am looking forward to sleeping! Right now I do not have time to sleep, and when I make time, I cannot sleep. I start thinking that I only have 100 days to start and finish my senior project, report about that project to WSU and at the UDA convention, go to lobby day, fight for my profession, write 10+ drafts of my thesis, find 2 mockboard patients and 1 real board patient, having 15 local anesthesia experiences, taking my written and clinical anesthesia boards, taking my national written board, celebrating the passing of my afore mentioned boards, attend a oral cancer screening, attend a jurisprudence meeting, do my 'pod project', finish my special needs project, teach perio to the jr class, arrange and attend 4 1 hour mentor sessions with two separate mentors, prepare and teach primary each week, go visiting teaching, complete SADHA reports, get ready for the welcome party, going to work, paying for my clinical board, wondering where I will find the money (I hope a fish shows up at my door with $765 in it's belly), finding time to study for boards, wondering what a brownie-greenie-super greenie are and why a dentist would use them, completing 11 more hours of community service, helping in sealant days and Give Kid's a Smile day, passing off about 45 PEs, wondering if I have a future as a hyienist or an employee of Albertsons. I think you get the point.

So, I did not have an interview at the dental office in Cedar City. He hired someone else, how dare he! So now I need to add find a job onto my list. I wonder where I will live. Who knows. Albertson's pharmacy in Cedar City is calling my name and I really want to go back there and work but after the lies Albertsons has filled me with I am a little pissed off at them. About 2 weeks ago Larry Johnson sent out a warm fuzzy email telling all employees that they were sorry to put us through the period of uncertainty but they decided not to sell the company. Then what do those F$%^@*# corporate @##$%^!# do, the sell the company yesterday for 9.7 billion. I have been lied to before by the upity ups that represent the big blue A so I should have not been so surprised. I guess I am not really surprised, I am just irritated by the blatant lies that Larry Johnson told-what a looser!

The tv program Grey's Anatomy on Sunday focused on how patients lie all the time. I am pretty sure that is the truth. Druggies lie about how fast they have gone through their Lortab, dental patients lie about how often they floss, smokers lie about how often and how much they smoke. It is a sick cycle. I am tired of being lied to. I am looking forward to the patient who tells me that they have not brushed their teeth for a week and they never floss, that way I won't throw-up when I find a 10 day old decaying piece of unidentifiable food between their teeth, I will be expecting it and will be able to deal with the item. I really wish that Corporate America would stop lying and tell the truth, yup we are selling the company but we are not telling you because we do not want to give you a cent from the fat profit we just made off of your years of hard work! Just do not lie to me!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi- if you feel that way, can you imagine how all the people feel here in Boise who work at the corporate office? Not even the employees at the corportate office new of the sell. Most heard it through the radio or news. That has to make any feel like crap- there employer keeping things secret!!
Hope thing are good! Don't stress- you will do great!

Melissa said...

Mary Ann--you don't give youself enough credit. I think that you are great! There is a huge list of things that we will be doing in the next couple of months--but somehow we will make it through! I don't really know how--but we will. My problem is that all of these things are so overwhelming--that I just do nothing! I really hope that I will be a RDH in May. If not--I don't know what I will do. I guess we just have to focus on the little things and try not to look at the big picture, eh?! Easier said than done!

As for lying--I totally agree. One of these days I'm sure that I am going to come right out and tell the patient that I know that they are lying. No beatin' around the bush! I liked how you stated all of the different people that lie! You're so funny.

I love ya--keep up the great work. We are so happy to have you in our VA group! See ya!

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

hey big sis! I freaking love you!!!! yeah, the world would be a heck of a lot better if everyone told the truth!!!! I am so sick of people lying, also!!! especially my so called friends!! I love you tons and tons!!!! be safe, be seen!

Jami said...

THat was intense! (and i am just looking at that list thinking...i have to do that too!) Damn! Ha ha ha! You are so sweet and you are doing awesome with everything you are in charge of. You are so put together and calm. I love this blog post you've told so perfectly... "PEOPLE LIE"--that's Dr. House's famous phrase (me and House are pretty tight, ya know!) He says that about all of his pt's because they never tell the real story about their health/life. People are so dumb, they think they've got everyone fooled...little do they know!

Natlee Lloyd said...

Wow! I just realized everything we have to do and am feeling a little faint myself! It's like a big monster when you look at it all on paper. But, Mary Ann you are a superstar and the best out of all of us! If anyone can do it, it is you. Now, you may have to help the rest of us along. Thanks so much for the super sweet comment on my blog, I don't get them very often. I am especially grateful for your kindness an example and wish I could be as cool as a cucumber like you! p.s. I really don't like to be lied to either.

Melissa said...

Now that I am done rolling on the floor with laughter, I can post a comment. YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!! I almost Thomas Crappered my pants when I read your to do list, realizing that mine is the same!!100 days is not enough to do all of this. Argggh... I watched the last hour of "Dodgeball" on TV today, holy funny show!!! But I really loved the sound of the ball hitting peoples faces, then I realized that that is what I need right now. A huge, hard dodgeball hit right in the face to snap me out of my laziness and to get these things done!! See ya Friday and Saturday (yuck).