Wednesday, January 11, 2006

'...I am barely breathing'

Today I feel like I am treading water with only one nostril open for air ('...and I can't find the air')! As part of my 40 community service hours, today I attended a sealant clinic at an elementary school in Salt Lake City. It was as fun as could be expected. It was sad to see these cute kids with such rampant decay. I really felt good about placiing their sealants so that their permanent teeth will have a chance. Now I am not big on the pediatric scene, so today was hard for me. Luckily I teamed up with Heidi Wilson. Her and I are amazing partners. During one of the treatments, Heidi ran out of etch, I was the assistant at the time and did not have an extra tip prepared, so Heidi held the syringe and I tiwsted off the tip, then she held the new syringe and I twisted off the cap and twisted on the tip. It was amazing! We did not even talk about it. We just did it. After we had done this we were both amazed at how we knew just what the other wanted to do! Now I do not know if that means that Heidi and I are psychic or if we spend wwaayy too much time together! Either way it was the highlight of my day!.

I am now three days into my last semester and it feels like 1 million. I have already dropped my favorite fun class -asl. I was really looking forward to having a class that was fun, where I could just go relax and practice my sign with other students, but no. The instructor actually wanted me to do homework! I just do not have the time to do any extra homework. I know that sounds laim but it is true.

Kristie, I hope you create a post one day so that I can see what you are doing as a student in another school. I am totally interested in how you are studying for your board exams. I am studying the dental hygiene decks right now. I am going through 4 colors a week. Then I will be studying from one of the books ie prentice hall, mosbys etc. Then I will study local anesthesia. Then back to board studying. Let me know if you have any great sources and/or websites in addition to amyrdh and andyfuturerdh

Andrea June I also wish that you would create a post as well! I want to hear how your days are going! Please write soon!

2 comments:

Jo's Crazy Adventures said...

I miss Andrea June!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your doing great in school stay strong, the Lamm family believes in you.