Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Status RX

Oh how much will I NOT miss doing that....

Anyway, I am sitting at Cedar City's library writing to the world about my life as it currently stands. I do not have internet or cable so that pretty much sums up my evenings. It is a good thing I work late and have friends I can call every night-thanks Korbin. Well, I sent off my license application last week. I lost my success card for local anesthesia (what a flaky thing to do!) so I had to send off for another one. So I am thinking I will get my license in 3-6 weeks. I did not pay the $75 extra to process my application faster, the world is just going to have to wait:) I have a job starting out 3 days a week. This office is in Cedar City behind the Smith's grocery store. Once their new office is finished I will work more. Their new office is at the south end of town by the south elementary/discovery park/walmart. It is supposed to be really great. I am looking forward to a new office.

Today I observed one hygienist who works 4 hours a week for each of the 3 dentists (so she works 1 &1/2 days). We get 1 hour per patient period. That is great for recall and for new patients! I am pretty excited about it. I get to say how long I need for SCRP. If I need 1 &1/2 hrs for one quad or half mouth then I tell them. The million assistants are so great. They were so nice to me and knew I was the new hygienist and introduced themselves to me etc. The dentists are pretty laid back and very approachable. I think I could be happy in this office (the official name of the practice is Cedar Dental Center--CDC ha ha ha). I cannot believe how lucky I am to be working with two great hygienists who are both active in ADHA! I honestly did not think that they would be members, to my surprise they are! I do not think I could have fallen into a better job. I do mean fallen in. What are the chances that the first dentist I talked to needed a hygienist and that the office staff would be so great and have hygienists that are as concerned for the profession as I am! I better knock on wood and cross myself and any other superstitious/religious thing I can think of to ward of any jinxs of the day. I really hope that this office is not too good to be true!

I wish all of the world's hygienists good luck in finding the office that is best for them! May doors be opened and connections made that enable you to work in the atmosphere that will strengthen your already wonderful hygiene skills!!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I think it's called Karma!! You're good to everyone, so you're being rewarded!

I need your email address. I don't know if you're using the weber email or not! Will you email me with it?

karena said...

congrats!!! i am so envious of what a great time you are going to have at your new job...sounds too perfect! i just took my boards today and cannot even descrive the relief i finally feel after a month of anticipation! i am so happy for you and hope that with your new fat paycheck you can get the internet for your home so i can keep following your cute, inspiring messages.