Thursday, June 29, 2006

UVSC Dental Hygiene

I recently discovered that UVSC dental hygiene program scored 5th in the nation on their national boards. Last year they were in the top 10. I am wondering where WSU is. I know where I placed in relation to the rest of the nation, but where did WSU as a whole place. I imagine it was not too great or we would have heard about it. I must give UVSC kudos for preparing their students to acheive such excellent honors in their acedemic careers as dental hygienists! I am sure those students will be valuable assest to the profession.

Which bring me to another point....I hope all the WSU class of '06 has taken the time to convert their ADHA membership from student to full time members. There is no financial charge-just a few minutes of your time. Please do this. Please stay active in the profession. Please care about your future.

5 comments:

Jami said...

proud member!!! i converted mine over yesterday actually! It feels so good to be in ADHA...now that SADHA is behind us! HAve you been to indiana yet?

karena said...

dear MA,
i am so glad to see that you are writing again. i missed you for awhile, especially as i have been sitting around my house becoming the biggest couch potato ever!!! i am very happy for your new job...i atually just recieved my passing score today!!! i am so happy, but i wish my prospective job sounded anything like yours. and despite the humidity, we actually had quite a few wildfires about a month ago-but please don't let that stop you from visiting me!!!

Tatiana said...

Wow, 5th, that's good. I too wonder how WSU did. I know a few years ago it was ranked in the top 10, but I too wonder how it's doing now. I really hope that our class represents! I get nervous about thinking about it though! I can't believe it's my last year!!!

The Obergs said...

Yayay, I was actually just working on my membership a few minutes ago. I was going through my desk when I spied my envelop telling me how to become and ADHA member.

I'm glad to hear that UVSC did so well on boards, but I think I may have brought down WSU. I was defintitely not as happy with my written score as I was my clinical.

Anyway, It sounds like everything is going great for you, good luck!!!

Tatiana said...

Hey, Where do you find the rankings for the DH schools? How do you know UVSC was 5th? I was just wondering cause I wanted to check to see if WSU was posted.