Thursday, July 06, 2006

Whew...I made it!!!

Today was my first day as a dental hygienist! I had a great day. I saw 3 new patients and 4 recall patients. It was a busy day! Oddly my hand does not hurt...yet....My back is what hurts--right between my shoulder bades. I wonder if was stressing about today ha ha ha! I love my job! EVERYONE was so nice. One of my patients was terrified of the hygienist and had not had her teeth cleaned for 10 years. Luckily she flosses and brushes daily so her calculus was not too tenacious. It was so fun treating her. She had big chunks that flew off...you know the kind we RDHs live for!!! It was so fun. At the end she told me that I did such a great job that she would be coming back to me in 6 months. I am so honored! I hope I can remember this day when I have bad ones. So the funniest thing happened. My dr forgot about me. He left and I was still waiting for him to come examine my patient. I heard him using the high speed on the last patient of the day and knew he was still here. I had told him before he started drilling that I was ready; I guess he forgot. So here I am the new girl and I have to explain to my paitent where the dentist is. I was kind of nervous, luckily she took the info well and said she would check with the dr when she came in next week with her daughters. I was so glad. Not a bad ending to a busy day!

I do not want to make this post very long for all of my ADD readers so I will give you a great blog tomorrow about my adventure in Indiana, stay tuned part two will air tomorrow....it will be worth the wait;)

PS Tatiana, I read the article in a provo paper that said that UVSC was 5th. I am not sure where that info is found. Sorry.

WAY TO GO KARENA!!!!

3 comments:

karena said...

ma,
good job on your first day...sounds like you really listened in class:) it's kinda neat to hear you talk about your first day just now because i was feeling so far behind...i just got my score 6 days ago. dopl definately was NOT "johnny on the spot" with the licenses this year, huh? well, i am happy you are having a great summer, i still think of you when i hear dance, dance and hope you are dancing along too!!!

Mary Ann said...

Good old Fall Out Boy!

So today while I was cleaning a lingual bar I could hear Kami saying toe to the tooth, bring the instrument to the nose, more lateral pressure and so many others! It was kind of creapy to hear that in my head while I was cleaning teeth--that may have been the funniest thing of the day!

Em said...

Mary Ann I'm so happy for you. I keep thinking 11 more months and I'll be on my way too. I bet your flying high. St. George was as well as could be expected. I droped Bj off and only cryed once. I've been a holy terror to live with the past 5 days though. My temper is about 1mm long since I droped Bj off. I did talk to him today and he soulds like he is having fun which is good. I never really knew how lonley I could be until Bj was gone. I even miss the times we fight and argue. Anyway I'm so happy for you. And jealous. Good luck.