Monday, July 10, 2006

Airport Food

It has taken me days and days to get back to the library to tell y'all about Indiana. I am sorry for the delays. My second day of work was amazing! Patients kept telling the dentist that I was the best and most thorough hygienist they have ever had. I cannot be happier....other than my hand hurts...and my back...and my head....thankfully there is such a thing as Advil!

Sunday July 2 I left Cedar to go to Vegas and catch my flight. I was planning on parking in the economy parking which is only $6 a day. I had exactly $24 set aside for that purpose. Because I had not started hygiene and am still poor I was barely going to make my budget, but I paid my tithing and prayed for the best. I get to the parking lot and it is full. The officer tells me to follow the cones to the overflow and that parking was free! I knew right then this trip was going to be wonderful! I get on the plane which took me to Denver where I had a 2 hour layover. I thought my gate was A53 and since I deplaned at A54 I was set. I camped out and read a book for an hour and then decided to go find some food. I found the food court and decided to eat some Panda Express. As I got closer to the food I realized that I could not eat it so I left the line. The gentleman behind me said, no stay--don't eat McDonald's! I laughed and told him I could not eat Panda or McDonald's. I ended up with a sandwich from KFC. Anyway I ended up eating lunch with this gentleman named Rashad. He was from California. His ancestors were Middle Eastern. He was a handsome man! His dark hair and eyes were amazing. so I had the best airport flirt lunch ever! It was then time to board my plane. I go to A53 and it does not say Indianapolis! I freak out and go read a board AGAIN. I guess I cannot read because i was supposed to be in B53! I ran to the trains to take me to B and then ran to the terminal to B53. I was 4th to last one on the plane! I almost did not make it! Luckily I did and arrived in Indiana without problems--other than lightening delaying our flight for an hour!

It rained 3 of my 4 days in Kokomo! It was beautiful! I loved it--other than the humidity! The legal fireworks out there were amazing! We had the best show in the driveway! I love the 4th of July!

1 comment:

Jami said...

Hey! Way to get your flirt on at the airport!! I love it! I'm glad you made your flight and that your trip was as awesome as you hoped it would be! Way to go on completing those first couple of days at work! I know all your patients will fall in love with you! You have a great way of making people feel comfortable when you are around and that is so important in our profession! Kick some butt out there! Keep posting!