Thursday, July 20, 2006

'It All Comes Back to the Simpsons'

Yesterday I performed my first private practice SCRP. It was so fun to get the graceys out and do some real scaling!! I also got to give some injections-oh how I miss that! I must be sick because I love finding that sweet spot in the gingival tissues and sinking that needle in!!! My SCRP patient was so nice. Not only was she my first SCRP but my first experience treating a polyg. As I was cleaning her mouth I realized that So Utah has such diversity that I could never become bored with the people in the area.

Speaking of people....last night I met the nicest man from Vegas. He was in town to get away from the Vegas heat. We happened to be seated next to each other in the Utah Shakespearean Festivals production of HMS Pinafore. We had a nice little chat. On my right was a lady from Springville. She and the Vegas man were intrigued to meet a local--I wonder if they thought we had anteanea or something. Anyway, Pinafore was amazing!!! I loved the set, I loved the sailors, I loved the singing, I LOVED the costumes!! I was impressed with the orchestra also. As I was admiring the costumes I couldn't help but think that Kaylee White (my friend Andrea's neice-in Indiana) should be out here learning and working at the festival. She would be in heaven! My favorite part of the play was when the sailors laid on the floor around the 'sisters, cousins and aunts' and did a little syncronized swimming routine. There was a few sailors whose facial expressions were the best! I laughed so hard at their antics! It was great fun!!!

The play ended about 10 pm and since I live across the street I was home in time to get my nightly dose of The Simpsons. It was a great episode. Sideshow Bob was trying to kill Bart who went into the witness relocation program. The scene I want to mention was the very end when Bart and Sideshow Bob are on a boat headed to Sprinfield. Sideshow Bob askes for Bart's last request and Bart askes him to sing the entire score from the HMS Pinafore! I laughed and laughed. My life rocks!! To quote a blog I visit...It All Comes Back to the Simpsons!!

2 comments:

Jami said...

Hey, Hey!! Way to go on SCRP! It feels like home to have to really scale, don't you think? ON all these 6 mo recalls i feel like i'm not doin a whole lot! I love to actually feel the deposit, then remove it and feel that smoothness. Thats so cheesy!

Glad your summer is fabulous! It sounds like you're having a ball. Oh, i didn't notice any antennae or anything, so maybe it's something you get when you're back in you hometown!

The Obergs said...

ha! I'm glad that someone else feels the same way about the simpsons as me and my husband. He is a freak for the simpsons and we have the fist 5 seasons on DVD. We stay up every night just to watch the simpsons and we have to watch the new ones every sunday. It never fails, almost everyday something happens that reminds me of a simpsons episode. Anyway, you are kicking butt on all of your scaling experiences, good job!! I knew you would do great though. BTW, I passed through cedar last week on my way to st george and I thought of you. I texted you as i passed by but i never heard back which lead me to believe that you don't receive texts.