Monday, July 17, 2006

OUCH

I have never thought of dental hygiene as a sexy profession. When I first moved to Ogden I heard a radio broadcast listing the top 10 sexiest professions and dental hygiene made the list. Today I experienced just how sexy it could be. My last patient of the day was a fine looking man. His mouth was great. He had some staining on the lower anteriors which he thought was a cavity. He was so upset about it. I told him that his calculus absorbed colors from food and drink and that I would clean it off and he would look as good as new. His last cleaning was in January of 2006...this man likes the hygienist :) I cleaned his teeth and while I was working I noticed what great lips he had. They were a great shade of red, very difined, not to dry or cracked just perfect. Just then a Rob Thomas song came on the radio. That just started my pervy mind reeling! Here I am inside a man's great mouth and Rob Thomas in my head........................due to the graphic nature of this story............

One cold shower later, I am sitting here wondering how I am able to type. My right arm has a dull ache from my shoulder to my wrist and my hand could use some therapy. It was totally worth it just to clean Mr. Mouth's teeth!!!!

Hey RDHs out there. How do you rate your ultrasonic? I have a piezo 5. I am not a fan. I am getting better at using it, but it is a pain to tighten the tip when in order to get a proper water flow. It just is not my favorite. I really like the magnostrictive US...but alas I do not have one. Let me know what you think--or any tricks I can use to become better at the P5.

4 comments:

Tatiana said...

Whoa! Someone splash Mary Ann, and hurry! That story was definately a good laugh! I'd never thought of it as so exotic! I guess it would surely be a happier experience if the guy's mouth was in great condition. I'm glad that you enjoyed the moment. Regarding the ultrasonic, I'm not an RDH yet, and I've only used what you have in school, so unfortunately, I'm of no help...sorry! :)

Em said...

How funny, I watched the Underworld series then went and saw Pirates and I thought that is HIM. The whole movie I was listening intently to his voice. I went home that night and poped in Underworld to confirm. How funny you thought of the same thing. He defanitly has a distinctive voice. Though I can't see Pirates again until it comes out on video...I have found that I need subtiles to understand the english language when it is spoken. I know that I have a spelling problem but will never admit to having a hearing problem!!

Oh and isn't Collin Firth just to die for. Mr. Darcy, I could do with a Mister Darcy...when I graduate, become wealthy, get skinner, on and on. But if my life was a fairy tale I'd kid-nap that man!!!!!Oh, Mister Darcy.

I've been going through the dental cards and get very excited when I know some but there are some cards that I think what the hell!!!! Anyway I'm happy for you that work is going so well.

Jami said...

Hey! Talk about havin a good ol time at work!! I can just see you in your little moment of heaven with hot lips and Rob! ha ha ha I haven't seen any pts like that yet, but let me tell you....i just got hired part time for a doctor that well, lets just say....going to work won't be a chore!! ha ha ha Can i say that?! Good luck on that SCRP...injections are so fun!

BreAnna said...

sorry I have no good advice, I acutally HATE It too, I am sure it is because I didnt learn on it, so I guess...good luck with that? I know you will figure it out! Glad all is going well!