Sunday, December 17, 2006

Best Buy=Worst Buy

I have been wanting a digital camera FOREVER! I have owed myself for getting a 4.o gpa 3 years ago. Since then I have graduated and still no camera.....well I finally did it. I ordered one! It has been such a process. I have been so poor and indecisive that this purchase has been just ridiculous.

I decided to get a camera like my mothers. My father has done hours of research online--with SLOW dial-up; and decided that the HP R627 was the one for my mom. I tested it out over Thanksgiving and liked it. I decided to purchase one of those. So a few weeks later I was ready to make the purchase. My father called and told me not to get the R627 but to get the R967. It was a wonderful 10.0 megapixel camera with all sorts of features and Best Buy had them on sale online! I was excited. I went to the city library because I did not have internet service at my home. It took forever to order the camera and memory card and download appropriate mail-in rebates. Finally I was done and ready to leave the library.

I get home and look up the phone number to my credit card company to call them and let them know I made a purchase and since I have a PO Box and Best Buy only accepted physical addresses I had to call and tell them I did make the purchase and to let the charge go through. They did. Then 2 days later I get an email saying my personal info could not be verified and my order was canceled. I was so upset. I called Best Buy and talked to a lady who I could barely understand because her accent was so thick. She told me that my credit card co. had declined the purchase. So I called the credit card co. again. They told me they did let it go through. So I call back to Best Buy and sit on hold for 35 min. This time I can understand the person so much better--he still had an accent. He told me that they had canceled the order before the credit card co had approved it. I asked why and he did not know. Now it had been 43 minutes. I am irritated and frustrated that I cannot get the camera. I was told the only way I could order it again was to go online. I could not order it over the phone like the little messages told me to while I was on hold. ARRGGGHH!

So I decide to order my camera again. I go online and the camera is now $50 more. I am even more ticked off and decide to email Best Buy. I was denied the opportunity to match the sale price and told I was out of luck! The bubble that held my digital camera burst, spilling the camera onto the floor where it broke in 1,000 pieces. I was so sad.

I decided to go to the website my father had purchased his camera from. Beachcamera.com. It is a wonderful place. I ended up ordering another camera that I am going to like better that the one at Worst Buy! I should have the camera on Dec 20th. My bubble has fixed itself and it is even more wonderful than the original! So I guess I should thank Worst Buy for denying my money and forcing me to spend it elsewhere!

5 comments:

BreAnna said...

oooo...flames from the side of my face!!! I HATE things like this, they totally tick me off, and I have very little patience when talking to people on the phone who know nothing about the problem at hand...argh!!! I am glad you found another camera, and now you can post some pictures for us to see. YEAH!! Merry Christmas I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and your friends!

Jami said...

Frustrating!!! I'm sorry for all the trouble..but am excited for you to be posting pictures now! ---as you know, i'm obsessed with taking pics! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Aimee said...

Take lots of xmas pictures and post them on your blog! I hope you get everything you want this year...heaven knows you've been a good girl!!

Thanks for the fun wishes for my vegas trip! I'll think about you as I fly over cedar tomorrow! Enjoy your week!!

Lindsey said...

I have not heard many good things about Best Buy! I am glad that you spent your money elsewhere! I hope you have a great Christmas! I bet you are glad that you dont have boards to look forward to!

Tatiana said...

That stinks about Best Buy. I drove by it the other day and thought about your story then said to myself "I'm not going in there". I too found a digital camera this season. Mine was placed in a birthday bag (I guess that's all he could find when he got into the closet ha, ha) from my awesome dad who said I'd want to open it first on Christmas morning on my first Christmas away from home. He said it was "all ready to go"... Well, he forgot the memory card, but we were able to get a few shots on the camera before we went back to their house and recieved the gift that was supposed to go with the camera gift. Anyhow, I'm excited b/c now I can post more pics. And you will be able to as well! Hope your Christmas was merry!